Environment Set up of Openmrs

Hello team. I tried downloading JDK but Oracle wouldn’t allow the download. Which set up of Maven does Openmrs use? Which version of JDK do we download? I also need guidance on how to set up the Openmrs environment

@sylviakaks what happens when you login on Oracle website to download jdk?

Any version ranging from 8 -15

Kindly could the steps on this guide be of help? Log In - OpenMRS Wiki

When I login to Oracle, am asked to open up an account which I did but it still fails to download. However, let me try to use the link you have dropped. Thanks for your help

i have downloaded jdk 12 but have tried running it on command prompt to check the version and be sure of the download but its not being displayed And also, when downloading maven, there is src, pom, zip file, which one exactly should be downloaded?

Oh sorry dear! what do you get when you run java -version in your terminal?

i get "java is not recognized as an internal or external command

What about java -v?

Tried it but it still displays the same response

for java to work in the command line you need the following:

In Control Panel->System and Security->System->Advanced system setting->Advanced->Environment Variables->System Variables

Edit the Path variable and add a “;” after the last value and add the the path to the Java bin directory: e.g.- C:\Progra~2\Java\jdk12\bin\

Add the JAVA_HOME Variable with the value set to the path for the java executable: e.g.- C:\Progra~2\Java\jdk12\bin\java.exe.

@sylviakaks you can also look through this link windows - 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file - Stack Overflow

1 Like

Still within the system variables and not user variables?

@sylviakaks according to the errors you received , I hope java is not installed yet on your machine . try finding a comfortable version of java to install .

I was able to install java

try running the commands @jwnasambu gave you . => java -v to confirm your version being used .

@sylviakaks Kindly how far? let me know if you still need help.

I installed JDK, maven, and tomcat. Now heading to Git. Thanks for your help