EMRAPI 1.12 release scheduled today 2015-10-26

Hi,

We are planning to release emrapi today. Just wanted to check if its alright for everyone?

-Shruthi

@raff

Noticed that you switched to the snapshot version of reference data app in emrapi, can we revert this commit till we release ?

-Shruthi

Are there any plans to improve the existing documentation for this module?

@shruthidipali, you can try reverting, but then you will have to find a way to fix an issue with emrapi 1.11.1 dependency declared in ref app 2.3, which references non existing ref app 2.3-SNAPSHOT and takes precedence over what emrapi declares (weird!). I haven’t had time to look into that and simply upgraded to 2.4-SNAPSHOT.

In the long run we’ll have to clean up our dependencies as those issues will repeat in the future.

@raff

How about switching emrapi back to using 2.3 release version of ref app, and then releasing 1.12 version of emrapi and then switching ref app to use 1.12 version of emrapi? That would work?

-Shruthi

also, is it right that there is a cyclic dependency between emrapi and ref app?

-Shruthi

Hey @raff

I reverted your commit to switch to the snapshot version of the ref app and now the build is breaking.

03-Nov-2015 10:25:04 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project emrapi-omod: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.openmrs.module:emrapi-omod:jar:1.12-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.openmrs.module:emrapi-api-1.9:jar:1.12-SNAPSHOT -> org.openmrs.module:emrapi-api:jar:1.11.1: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.openmrs.module:emrapi-api:jar:1.11.1: Could not find artifact org.openmrs.distro:referenceapplication:pom:2.3-SNAPSHOT in openmrs-repo (http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public) -> [Help 1]

This test runs fine locally! Any idea how?

-Shruthi

@shruthidipali, it’s because locally you still have 2.3-SNAPSHOT in your maven repository (in the .m2 directory), but CI clears the local repo each time it runs a build. Our nexus repository does no longer keep 2.3-SNAPSHOT, thus it cannot be downloaded by CI.

I will look into how you can go around the issue today.

Thanks @raff

Can we release 2.4 version of reference app and have emrapi depend on that?

-Shruthi

Sorry, I haven’t really been following this, but would it be helpful to get on IRC or Skype and discuss this live? (I know it’s past midnight in India, so perhaps tomorrow you can chat at a time that works for India + Poland.)

Alternately, can someone summarize the underlying problem here, and the specific dependencies and versions that are problematic?

I have fixed the issue in

You are good to release!

For the sake of documenting, the error was:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project emrapi-omod: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.openmrs.module:emrapi-omod:jar:1.12-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.openmrs.module:emrapi-api-1.9:jar:1.12-SNAPSHOT -> org.openmrs.module:emrapi-api:jar:1.11.1: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.openmrs.module:emrapi-api:jar:1.11.1: Could not find artifact org.openmrs.distro:referenceapplication:pom:2.3-SNAPSHOT in openmrs-repo (http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public) -> [Help 1]

The problem was caused by releasing distro 2.3 with emrapi 1.11.1, which depended on distro 2.3-SNAPSHOT. Maven couldn’t figure that out and for some reason tried to fetch emrapi 1.11.1 and distro 2.3-SNAPSHOT when building the emrapi omod for distro 2.3. Strangely it was enough to change scope of emrapi-api from compile to provided in emrapi-api-1.10 and emrapi-api-1.11 to go around the issue. I’ve cleaned up other dependencies as well. I will think about a general solution to our cyclic dependencies and post in a separate thread.

That’s great @raff!

I’m trying to understand how this happened though!

-Shruthi

Hi,

Completed the emrapi 1.12 release. Please do let us know if there are any problems.

Thanks.

-Shruthi

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Dependency problems when building EMRAPI