Job Title : Electronic Medical Record (EMR) / Open MRS Developer Reports to (Title) : Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor Number : 01 Contract duration : 40 Days Project: GTA Application due date: August 31st 2017 Location : Yaoundé,Cameroon
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. Based at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, ICAP-Columbia University is one of the world’s largest implementation and technical assistance providers for HIV and related health programs and a global leader in HIV prevention, care, and treatment system strengthening, including the areas of strategic information, clinical services, and program management. With its roots in comprehensive, family focused HIV services, ICAP is widely respected for its success in both technical assistance and capacity building of innovative, effective, and ethical programs in the most challenging of resource-limited settings.
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION: Reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, the EMR/Open MRS Developer is responsible for Creating modules, forms, skip logic, reporting, linkage with DHIS, deployment CentOS. This position is grant funded.
• Install and deploy OpenMrs in central server as well as some facility computer
• Set up of Health Program management (HIV)
• GSM Configuration • Set up of HIV Entry Points (Inpatient, Outpatient, admission, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Maternity, …) • Data security (database encryption, user roles management and data access right) • Automatic backup system, data export in Excel, CSV, XPS format • Integrate basic interoperability with DHIS2 for monthly reporting (export/import) • Patient Management • Clinical Appointment, Laboratory • Reporting • System reminders • Provide technical support and assistance to sub-recipients’ partners • Other duties as appropriate£
KEY COMPETENCIES :
- Familiar with (JDBC with Oracle, MySQL, AJAX, XML, XSLT, CSS Layout)
- Health Information System knowledge, HL7, ISO, CNIL Standards implementations
- Deployment application on Linux (CentOS) and Windows Client/Server
- Proof of Java software developed by the applicant
- Strong knowledge of OpenMRS, Bahmni distribution and proof of a module(s) that works
- Being a Community OpenMRS Senior Developer will be a strong asset
- The applicant should be able to develop and integrate OpenMRS modules.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS: Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Public Health or related discipline • Ability to lead implementation of new systems and processes; • Excellent communication & language skills; • Ability to work on a multicultural environment; • Experience working with an international organisation; • Ability to meet tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently. • Ability to function independently; results-oriented; detail oriented. • Strong organizational and analytical skills. • Ability to problem solve and work as part of a team. • Fluent English & French language skills
May require periodic domestic travel throughout Cameroon to support the planning and implementation of the Projects.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and cover letters to: icapcameroon.office■■■■■■■■■■
Do not attach any certificates when submitting
In the subject line of your email, clearly indicate whether you are applying for position
‘Electronic Medical Record (EMR) / Open MRS Developer’
Or Drop their applications at ICAP Cameroon Office, Street 1800, Bastos, (Behind “Pharmacie Alliance”) Addressed to the Human Resources Officer Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The closing date for receiving applications is August 31st 2017
NOTE: This is a local hire positions and the successful candidate will be an employee of ICAP in Cameroon and shall be subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability and marital status, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status