This thread is to track the progress of the GSoC 2021 project: E2E Automated Tests for the OpenMRS 3.0 RefApp. This project aims to set up tests using Cypress and our new Cucumber test engine framework. The tests will automatically run against the UI, based on user workflows.
Check the wiki page: E2E Automated Tests for the OpenMRS 3.0 RefApp
Notes from MFE E2E Testing Strategy call held on 2021-04-15: MFE E2E Testing Strategy - Call Notes 2021-04-15 - Google Docs
Notes from the first mentor call (2021-06-08)
- The primary goal of the project is to setup E2E tests for the 3.0 RefApp
- Join QA squad to share updates and Microfrontend squads to get technical help
- Where to start?
- Collect the user stories from Grace
- Try to set up a test one story
- A CI/CD pipeline has been already configured to run tests.
- It resets every time we run tests.
- There won’t be any issues when testing that generate new data.
- ex: patient creation
- Notes from the previous call: MFE E2E Testing Strategy - Call Notes 2021-04-15 - Google Docs
- How often we meet?
- Every Tuesday at 22:30 IST until Jayasanka get familiar with the project
- The progress will be tracked with weekly blog posts.
- Use micro frontend slack channel to resolve technical issues.
- Next steps:
- Initiate a talk thread
- Coordinate with Grace to get the user stories
- Try to implement one test
- Next call:
- 15th June 2021 22:30IST