Developing the "OCL for OpenMRS" Application

Hello awesome people, As we come to the end of sprint 3 let’s choose from these dates which one can be best for our Demo. Vote via this doodle link.

https://doodle.com/poll/3ik6fbst5cdmcd5y

1 Like

Why did you make it longer than an hour?

Sorry for that error @dkayiwa it has been rectified

Thank you all for attending the Sprint Demo for OpenMrs OCL. For your feedback and for making this the best opensource community around :slight_smile:

For those who might have missed the demo today, here is a YouTube link for the same.

Bellow is a document that summaries the sprint 3 demo

Hey everyone. My team and I are excited to announce the fourth Sprint for Open Concept Lab for OpenMRS. The sprint planning session will be tomorrow at 5pm-6pm EAT. I will update the link 30 minutes to the call. cc @darius @dkayiwa @rubailly @cintiadr @emasys @waweru @shakira210791 @christopherkala @ball @akanter @k.joseph

2 Likes

@shakira210791 did you update the OpenMRS calendar?

@dkayiwa I have just updated the event on the OpenMRS calendar because I have no access and had to first reach out to @betty who has access to assist me. At the moment the event is added and I have sent out invites

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Creating%2C+Updating+and+NOT+Deleting+Events+on+the+OpenMRS+Calendar

1 Like

Thank you for the resource @dkayiwa

Hello, Please be reminded that the sprint planning call is happening in 25 minutes. Could you join using this link below: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/ytl/rLwuHobg6GBar2zcjoMisLxCxzEJErBhD7p0YEo-7co=?hl=en_US

Kyampeire Hadijah{@hadijah315 } Shakira Ndagire Seruwagi {@shakira210791 } Christopher Kalule {@christopherkala } Emmanuel Ndukwe{@emasys } Waweru Mwaura {@waweru } Rurangirwa Bailly {@rubailly } cc @darius @dkayiwa

Hello community, I hope this finds you well, I would like to bring to your attention that I am facing a blocker while working on ticket https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/OCLOMRS-51 which is about paginating OpenMRS dictionaries so that the user can be able to view all of them. This is because the API pagination works for all collections, therefore we filter them before viewing so that only OpenMRS dictionaries are viewed. It has been challenging for me and my team to manipulate the state while paginating since we can not use the API pagination. I therefore request for your support on this in case you have an option that can get us through this as I also continue to figure out the best solution, thanks. cc @dkayiwa @waweru @emasys @shakira210791 @christopherkala @rubailly

How do you determine what is an OpenMRS dictionary? Is there an attribute? This could probably be added as a URL parameter to the API request and filtered at the API level so that you can use the built-in pagination.

There is a field called repository_type and that’s where the OpenMRS dictionaries show “OpenMRSDictionary” and the others just show collections. Here is how OpenMRS dictionaries appear.

As for the earlier collections, this is how they appear

So we are filtering them by checking if repository_type ===“OpenMRSDictionary”, I wrote a function that filters them and puts them in a new array.

Thanks for posting this! I’m back from vacation and watched the first part of the demo video. Some comments:

• The button to create a new dictionary should be on the screen where you’re viewing existing dictionaries. In fact I would prefer you to be viewing your own dictionaries when you choose this, in case you see an existing dictionary that is actually what you’re looking for.
  • Only use placeholder text on a text field or dropdown if it’s going to give meaningful information such as a sample value. E.g. never say “Please choose an option” just have it appear blank.
  • Preferred Source of “others” doesn’t make sense. (I assume this is a placeholder?) It should default to CIEL, but should be a multi-select auto-complete kind of widget.
  • languages: should show “all” languages (or at least a lot more than just English and Spanish)
  • for the owner dropdown, try to make the distinction between individual and org look clearer (either prefixes, or groupings).
    • One option:
      • chriskala (your user account)
      • Organizations
        • Andela
        • OpenMRS
    • another option:
      • chriskala (yourself)
      • Andela (organization)
      • OpenMRS (organization)
3 Likes

About pagination, two things:

1. +1 to @paynejd’s suggestion. It’s tricky to get pagination right and performant on the client side. My original proposal had been that we introduce a new REST API for “dictionary” which natively shows you only the OpenMRS dictionaries. If we have decided not to do this then instead we should add support to the collections API such that the query can ask the server to return only OpenMRS dictionaries.

2. Also, the Sources screen has infinite scroll instead of pagination. The dictionaries screen should behave the same way. (I.e. don’t want to have infinite scroll on one and “next page” on the other)

1 Like

@darius Welcome back from the vacation. Thank you for the feedback provided. We are going to incorporate these fixes in the sprint and update you accordingly.

Thanks @darius for the feedback. We are going to also use the infinite scroll even on the dictionaries.

Thanks @darius for that feedback, its definitely what we shall do, otherwise welcome back :hugs:

Thanks @darius ,

• About the create button, you are very right we shall change that.
  • Also about placeholders, it really makes a lot of sense