Developing the "OCL for OpenMRS" Application

FYI, I have the Friday call on my calendar. I only missed last week. I don’t think we need to change the synch times.

I expect that if you check multiple boxes under the same section heading (e.g. two classes) that means OR. Sections should be ANDed together.

Thursdays would work much better for me.

@akanter does that still work for you?

Thursday at 9am CST currently works although not this week or the coming week.

@darius sounds like Thursdays at 9am CST (6pm - 7pm EAT) is good going forward. Can we start with this schedule today?

As I mentioned, I cannot make the Thursday time today OR next week. I CAN make the Friday at 9 am time BOTH weeks.

@raff I raised an issue https://github.com/OpenConceptLab/ocl_issues/issues/89. I was unable to add a label as you suggested. Can you take a look at the issue? Thanks

@stonecoder Kindly confirm what time the meeting is tommorow Febuary 8th 2019 and please ensure the product owners are available to meet.

Thanks

No, Andy said he could not do Thursday this week. Let’s continue with the old timing, Friday (tomorrow) this week.

Please note: I am based in Seattle. It does not work to ask me to meet “today” unless you send a message before 8am Nairobi time. (I.e. I need to see it before I set my alarm and go to sleep the night before.)

okay. We will consider different time zones and make announcements early enough.

The meeting is Friday February 8th, 6pm - 7pm EAT. We should be having at least one of the product owners in attendance.

Hello community,

This is a reminder of the OCL-client team and POs weekly sync (Fridays 6pm - 7pm EAT). I will share a link to the call 15minutes before the call. kindly attend if you can make it.

cc: @dkayiwa, @shine, @collinewait, @samdiano, @sheriff, @brucemakallan, @judeatu, @ayesh, @c.antwi, @akanter, @darius

Here’s my mockup, from editing the current HTML, for synonyms

• The preferred name in the dictionary’s preferred locale should be part of the heading/title of the popup (okay to hardcode to English for now)
  • Synonyms should only include other names, not the preferred one.
  • Synonyms need to have some space in between them. At a minimum, separate them with a space, not just A,B,C. However note that concept names can include commas in them, so it would be better to have them more clearly separated. (I just put each one in an inline-block with margin-right 1em, and that seems good enough.)

Also I suggest replacing the version and date created in the top-right with a link to see the full concept in traditional OCL in a new browser tab. (Post-MVP we should add our own screen that can display a full concept, not just a preview, but for MVP let’s just link to what’s in OCL today.)

And answers and set members can look like one of these (taken from the TB Prophylaxis concept, not the Rule Out one):

• Display as “Name (id)”
  • Only should the first 5 entries, and have “…and X more” (of just “…and more” if it’s not possible to know the number for some reason.)
    • @akanter, @ball do you think that’s okay for this preview screen
  • Assuming that Andy and Ellen are okay with only showing 5, then we should show them one-per-line. If they want to show more, then we should consider doing inline-block; margin-right:1.5em. This looks worse, but it’s more compact.

Also, some other issues I noticed while doing this:

1. there’s a help screen for logging in, but it’s completely out of date and should be removed. (https://openmrs.qa.openconceptlab.org/loginDetails)

2. on the Add concept to dictionary page, you can click on the table headings to sort by that, however it only sorts the page you’re looking at. This is not the standard way for things to behave. If you apply a sort criteria in a paged table, it should apply to the entire result set. But further, I do not see any user value in sorting by these columns at all, so I recommend that you just disable sorting entirely. The user will find what they’re looking for by using the filters on the left and the search bar.

3. on the Add concept screen there’s a Source column, but this is useless because the screen is specifically about adding concepts from a single source (e.g. CIEL) so it provides no information. Remove this column.

4. on the add concept screen I have to click on the Preview button twice to get the modal to pop up.

5. Please create a bug and put it in the post-MVP backlog to improve the preview display of concepts with names in multiple languages e.g. this looks bad:

Thank you Darius, we will incorporate this

Hello community, Here is the link to join the Weekly sync (6pm - 7pm EAT)

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/ytl/qpPnEtovZW0jxAGS8QlLrnUrdsFYAHM0YwVdELu7Htc=?eid=107163098052414183455&hl=en_US

cc: @dkayiwa, @shine, @collinewait, @samdiano, @sheriff, @brucemakallan, @judeatu, @ayesh, @c.antwi, @darius, @akanter

When I open in Chrome I get: I am not authorized to start the video call. Has someone started it? Worked in Safari.

Yes, the call has started.

Hello community,

We will be having a demo call for the 14th OCL- Client sprint soon, kindly take some time to participate in this Doodle poll to select a suitable date and time for the 14th sprint demo call.

cc: @akanter, @darius, @c.antwi , @dkayiwa, @samdiano, @shine, @collinewait, @judeatu, @brucemakallan, @sheriff

Does it make sense to consolidate this with our weekly catch-up, to ensure that Andy and I can make it?

Yes it does make sense. I will be setting up the Demo call on Friday 6pm - 7pm EAT. Since thats already on the calendar, most should be able to attend.