Joining means signing on to their Design Principles and either paying a membership fee (sliding scale, between $50 and $500) or providing in-kind/volunteer services by joining one of their working groups.
For the membership fee, they suggest that we consider a fee similar to what we would pay to join industry associations. As members we would have:
- Access to our DJN members Slack and Discussion list, where (among other things) we share information about jobs;
- Listing in our Member directory (TBD);
- Early access to new Design Justice Zines, toolkits, and other materials produced by the network;
- Discounts on all Zines, Posters, T-Shirts, and other DJN products;
- Invitations to key DJN workshops, events, and Network Gatherings;
- The ability to organize a new Design Justice Working Group or Local Node;
For no fee, anyone has access to their website, Instagram, and newsletter.