Per our recent Jira/Talk threads and the TAC call last week - we’d like to get together this week to review our Jira/Issue Curation.
Agenda & Notes: https://notes.openmrs.org/issues_process_session
- Review our current vs ideal process for grooming issues/tickets as they come in (reviewing, triaging, assigning, etc).
- How to make the backlog more “discoverable”, easier for devs to use Jira to discover work that needs to be done. E.g., we should be able to distinguish between the “ready-to-work but low priority” tickets and the “maybe someday” tickets.
- What a single (simplified) Jira workflow could look like
- Review current list of Projects in Jira and i.d. what could be slimmed down.
- Try bulk-applying the bulk-closure rules for old issues that Ian proposed in the Jira Curation Thread - skim the list for issues we’d want to retain.
- Review of a Jira Health Dashboard showed us that in summary, core is getting some triage/review attention; RefApp is not. Still too much without clear priority or detail.
- Ideas to simplify some of our Jira bells and whistles like in this example
- Overview of GitHub Issues pros and cons here
When: Wednesday at 11:30pm IST | 9pm Nairobi | 8pm Cape Town | 6pm UTC | 2pm Boston | 11am Seattle