Creating a new UI for OpenMRS android client

Should we try changing the UI of the application (OpenMRS android client) .With various new upcoming trends, we can make the application attractive. Along with the UI of the application, we can also work on a new design which can help to improve the user experience (UX) of the user providing the user a seamless experience.

Would like to know the suggestion of the community on this thought .

2 Likes

Sure, It will be productive. :slight_smile:

I think we should strictly implement Google’s Material Design and components in our Android Client. Also I think it will not be that difficult to implement it as most of the components are bundled in SDK :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah i guess you are right . Any sugestions will be most Welome.:slightly_smiling_face:

Yup. Just waiting for everyone to give there responses on it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree. I think this is a great idea!

1 Like

Great idea.

1 Like

Yes UI based on Material Design guidelines will be good.

1 Like

@f4ww4z i would like to hear your point of view in this.

hi @vibhorchinda17 & @f4ww4z I also suggest to add better matter on the unable to login button and kind of help column which should suggest the solution for different problems which are common.

1 Like

And it is a good idea to make it colourful

1 Like

Hey Vibhor! I think that’s a really good idea. I thought about this and I implemented material components in the login screen :smiley: Doing it for other activities will prove to be very useful!

1 Like

@vibhorchinda17 Sounds good, we should re-design it to meet Google’s material UI. It should actually just involve removing custom themes, because the default is already material-compliant.

This should be a sub-task of

1 Like