Could not find artifact org.openmrs.distro:referenceapplication-package:jar:3.0.0-alpha.7

While trying to set up Reference Application 3.0.0-alpha.7 process fails because org.openmrs.distro:referenceapplication-package:jar:3.0.0-alpha.7.jar doesn’t exist at JFrog instead only the .zip and .pom exist

Anyone with permission, kindly help and deploy this artifact

cc @dkayiwa @ibacher @burke

Additionally, I know that using an earlier release like Reference Application 2.12.2 works fine.

@jnsereko the latest release is 3.0.0-beta.2, any reason why you wouldn’t use that one instead of that 7th alpha?

org.openmrs.distro:referenceapplication-package:jar:3.0.0-beta.2 seams not to exist in the maven repository that mvn openmrs-sdk:setup points to

@mksd could i be using an old version of the openmrs-sdk?

That’s a question for @ibacher or @raff I think.

1 Like

@jnsereko, you could also refer to @ibacher’s comment above and build the version locally as a quick workaround.

1 Like

thanks @ruhanga am just going to build it locally

The 3.x RefApp releases do not currently work with the SDK. This is one of the things that needs to be resolved before we get to an actual 3.0.0 release.

1 Like

I’m new to the world of software development so forgive me if this is a basic question: don’t alpha versions come after beta versions? Why is beta.2 the latest version and not alpha.7?

am not so informed about the global taxonomy with regards to releasing software. However, this can change depending on the needs of the community.

No… beta versions come after alpha. It’s just following the order of the Greek alphabet (“alphabet” itself derived from “alpha beta”).

→ Great teacher ←