Coronavirus and recent update

Hi, my friends…Spend your 5 minutes by reading this post. Coronavirus has spread to India. To know more about it:

There is no specific cause for this virus and vaccine is not yet prepared. So some good practices you can follow:-

1. Wash your hands regularly and before shaking hands.
  2. Have a handkerchief and use it while sneezing or coughing.
  3. Avoid close contact with people.
  4. Keep your bodies clean.
  5. drink water(hot water) daily to keep your body hydrated.
  6. drink some ayurvedic syrup(which is used for most diseases) which is famous in your nation to keep your body healthy.
  7. If you have low immunity power, its best to stay inside your house.
  8. Avoid junk foods and non veg.
  9. Most importantly Keep smiling :slight_smile:

Symptoms:- The symptoms of most coronaviruses are similar to any other upper respiratory infection, including [runny nose] and sometimes a fever. In most cases, you won’t know whether you have a coronavirus or a different cold-causing virus, such as rhinovirus.

So stay healthy and live long :+1:

5 Likes

I would like to know whether anyone is using OpenMRS to screen, diagnose or treat patients or contacts of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). I recently released a version of CIEL which contains concepts for lab testing and documenting observations (diagnoses and findings) associated with 2019-nCoV. IMO is also releasing these concepts for use within Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, and most other EHRs in the English-speaking world. Update dictionaries now.

4 Likes

guys spread this news as soon as possible so that others will also be benefited from it.

Yeah this is really serious now it has spread to many countries hope that vaccines and cure are ready fast.

One more thing I would like to mention is avoid non-veg as virus has it’s origin from sea food market.

1 Like

added now bro

@ajeymuthiah thanks for information

1 Like

also a new 57 floor building has been built in 19 days in china to shelter patients who have been affected by coronavirus !!!a new construction record!!! It’s good to see how humanity is evolving :slight_smile: also to check live virus spread u can go to: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Curageous yet emotional

1 Like

@akanter What’s a good diagnosis concept for Coronavirus (or COVID 19)? Do you know if it’s important to specify the year (Coronavirus 2019 or COVID 19)? What concept did you add? Coronavirus infection (CIEL:155762) has been in the dictionary.

1 Like

Didn’t see this… did you get the list of the updated concepts? I listed them in the talk post:

|“165610”|“Exposure to Wuhan coronavirus”|“Finding”|“N/A”|\N| > |“165610”|“Exposure to 2019-nCoV”|“Finding”|“N/A”|\N| > |“165610”|“Exposure to 2019 novel coronavirus”|“Finding”|“N/A”|\N| > |“165609”|“Infection due to Wuhan coronavirus”|“Diagnosis”|“N/A”|\N| > |“165609”|“Infection due to 2019 novel coronavirus”|“Diagnosis”|“N/A”|\N| > |“165609”|“Infection due to 2019-nCoV”|“Diagnosis”|“N/A”|\N| > |“165608”|“Pneumonia due to Wuhan coronavirus”|“Diagnosis”|“N/A”|\N| > |“165608”|“Pneumonia due to 2019-nCoV”|“Diagnosis”|“N/A”|\N| > |“165608”|“Pneumonia due to 2019 novel coronavirus”|“Diagnosis”|“N/A”|\N|

I have also added new COVID-19 names but have not released that version yet.

3 Likes

Is anyone using OpenMRS to screen, diagnose, treat and/or report to public health patients or contacts of COVID-19?

2 Likes

At PIH, we are not yet doing this. However, we are currently coordinating with our clinical team to determine what our response will look like and how it should be modeled in our data.

At a minimum, we will certainly make diagnoses/findings above (thanks @akanter) available in our systems.

We will update as we know more!

Dave

1 Like

What about setting up a special design forum/working session next week to help model this? This is also an opportunity to include something in the pending Ref App release.

@terry @burke @mseaton @mksd @akanter @ssmusoke @morrisng @wanyee @dkayiwa @mozzy @aojwang

4 Likes

BTW, I plan to do another release on Monday which will include additional concepts as needed by the UK.

I like this idea; there is also. some data modeling being done by other groups but I don’t know how pertinent it would. be for us. Perhaps we set a time and hope that people can attend?

thank you @ajeymuthiah for this information.

1 Like

What about using our OpenMRS Office Hours on Wednesday, 11 March at 6:30pm IST | 4pm Nairobi | 3pm Cape Town | 1pm UTC | 9am Boston | 6am Seattle?

2 Likes

Here’s the recommended code to use from the WHO website: image http://www9.who.int/classifications/icd/covid19/en/

@mksd

Does anyone in the community know if the U07.x codes will be added? I see the ICD-10 2019 version (ICD-10 Version:2019) were already updated: image

@akanter @mksd