Coreapps / Dashboard widgets location

@raff @Soldevelo,

As I mentioned in the other thread, I really like the work that is being done here. A few thoughts…what you think about altering the location of the widgets within coreapps? Currently they are in a directory “scripts/fragments/dashboardWidgets”. I think “scripts/dashboardWidgets” would be fine. If we do want to isolate them in different subdirectory, a name other than “fragments” would be better, because I associated a “fragment” with a “UI Framework” fragment.

Also the “dashboardWidgetsCommon.service.js” could potentially be renamed, as I think it could be used for more than just dashboard widgets. (And if it isn’t renamed, it probably should go in the dashboardWidgets directory).

Finallly openmrs-contrib-uicommons.bundle.min.js should probably be stored in a more general location as well. Or, actually, isn’t this something that could/should be bundled in via npm or some other process during the build instead of directly committed to the repo? (Forgive my ignorance, as I said I still need to do my reading up on how webpack, etc, works… :slight_smile:

Take care, Mark

The widgets should be really moved to a separate js project (still inside coreapps) so they can be developed and tested with js tooling (webpack, babel, jasmine, etc.). It will be similar to how we develop OWAs in modules, see e.g. https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-openconceptlab/tree/master/owa

I may be able to change that by the end of this week. To be honest I wasn’t expecting others to pick up our work on widgets that soon :slight_smile: It’s great to see that though!

What can I say, we are earlier adopters @raff:slight_smile:

fyi, I’m still actively working on the the programs widget, and will actually most likely be creating one or two more program-related widgets. It will probably be a couple weeks until everything is done–we are currently iterating on some different UI design patterns we’d like to use.

So, to make a long story short, I’d say when you do the migration, don’t bother with the programs widget, but ping me when you are done and I’ll see if I can follow the pattern you set when migrating everything I’m working on.

Thanks! Mark

@mogoodrich @cioan Please can you share some documentation on how to use the program enrollment and program status widgets, I have come to find use for them.

You can add sections here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Patient+Summary+Widget+Documentation

@ssmusoke… as usual, I’m getting sidetracked with other things, and so these are still a work-in-progress… I will document when they are complete and ready for use… I should be getting back to this later this week… (feel free to ping me again in a couple weeks if you haven’t heard…) :slight_smile:

Take care, Mark

@mogoodrich bringing this back up to the top of your radar

We close to getting to a “version 1” of the two new program widgets, which we hope to roll out to production when ready. The sticking point now is getting a datepicker to work with the new dashboard widgets, see:

Hope to finish this up in the next week or two, depending on priorities, and still have it as a TODO to documentation when version 1 is complete.

Take care, Mark