Contribute to the 2018 Bahmni Roadmap

The Product Architecture Team has spent the last couple months reviewing suggested items, and we are ready to propose a 6-month roadmap to the Bahmni Governing Committee.

First I should point out that there are more developers working on Bahmni implementations than on the core product, and we expect and encourage them to work both on enhancements that included in the roadmap, and also things not explicitly prioritized here. We will opportunistically merge these things into the Bahmni product as soon as they are ready. (In other words, the fact that something is not listed here does not mean we won’t help you merge it!)

Some statistics: there were 40 suggested items in this round, 36 of which had enough detail for us to properly discuss. We did quick assessments on the March 7, March 14, and March 21 PAT calls. I did some very rough size estimates, and sorted the proposals by a very crude value vs effort score. We then discussed our plan on the April 4 and April 18 PAT calls.

Proposed Roadmap:

I will be presenting this proposed roadmap to the Governing Committee today/tomorrow, and will update here based on the outcome.

(Comments welcome here too!)