We’re happy to let everyone know that we are wrapping up the development of our OpenMRS Distribution - Connect for Life.
We’ve had some related discussions previously in this topic: Request new repositories for OpenMRS modules
The distribution builds on OpenMRS and enhances it primarily with modules and functionalities related to mHealth/telemedicine, such as:
- Ability to message patients or their caretakers by enrolling them in messaging schedules - messaging can be done through automated voice call, SMS, or WhatsApp
- SMS/WhatsApp integration.
- Integration with IVR systems for executing voice calls to patients/caretakers, with the ability to get feedback from the call recipient.
- Real-time feedback on patients and their adherence.
- Reminders for visits or adherence.
More information can be found here: http://www.connect-for-life.org/. Note that the OpenMRS distribution we created is the next version of a system previously developed on the MOTECH Platform. Transitioning to OpenMRS has allowed to us target implementer needs that would go beyond just the mHealth functionality.
One thing that was discussed previously was organizing a showcase/demo of the distribution for the Community. We would be glad to organize such a demo and talk about Connect for Life. Can you help me with finding the best way to move forward with this? (is there a call we can join? or should we host it?)