configuring environment

Hello team , I am trying to set up the environment but still getting these errors:

java.io.IOException: com.sun.jna.LastErrorException: [13] Permission denied Caused by: com.sun.jna.LastErrorException: [13] Permission denied

Anyone with an idea of how i can proceed, your support is highly appreciated

Oh sorry! kindly share the entire error log using pastebin besides which type of instance are you trying to run?(SDK or standalone)

I am using SDK , the errors are not in one place the pop up as it is setting up.The screenshot would be better but it is failing to upload .This is part of it .

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:282)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:225)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:406)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:347)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:

Could not connect to Docker at unix:///var/run/docker.sock.

If the Docker host URL is not correct, please reset it by running setup with the -DdockerHost parameter or set it manually by adding -DdockerHost=“tcp://correct/url” at org.openmrs.maven.plugins.AbstractDockerMojo.resolveDocker (AbstractDockerMojo.java:85) at org.openmrs.maven.plugins.AbstractDockerMojo.execute (AbstractDockerMojo.java:50) at org.openmrs.maven.plugins.CreateMySql.execute (CreateMySql.java:26) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137) at org.twdata.maven.mojoexecutor.MojoExecutor.executeMojo (MojoExecutor.java:120) at org.openmrs.maven.plugins.utility.DockerHelper.createMySqlContainer (DockerHelper.java:96) at org.openmrs.maven.plugins.utility.DefaultWizard.promptForDockerizedSdk

Kindly, what were you trying to do prior to the error? Besides, which guide are you using for configuration?

Here is the link of the guide .

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Set+Up+OpenMRS+Server+with+OpenMRS+SDK+and+Docker#SetUpOpenMRSServerwithOpenMRSSDKandDocker-Prerequisite

Here is the command i had put: mvn -X openmrs-sdk:setup

This is the guide for SDK installation.

OK thanks let me try it .

I am getting the error below after choosing the database.

Which database would you like to use?:

1. MySQL 5.6 and above (requires pre-installed MySQL 5.6 and above)
  2. MySQL 5.6 and above in SDK docker container (requires pre-installed Docker)
  3. Existing docker container (requires pre-installed Docker)
  4. PostgreSQL 8.2 and above

Which one do you choose? [1/2/3/4]: 1

The distribution requires a MySQL database. Please specify database uri (-DdbUri) (default: ‘jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/@DBNAME@’): jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/@BNAME@

Please specify database username (-DdbUser) (default: ‘root’): root Please specify database password (-DdbPassword): ******** [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 08:01 min [INFO] Finished at: 2022-05-15T21:49:51+03:00 [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:4.4.0:setup (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Failed to setup server: The database name is not in the correct format (it should only have alphanumeric, dash and underscore signs): @BNAME@ → [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] MojoExecutionException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation

[quote=“mutoniwase, post:8, topic:36628”] Please specify database username (-DdbUser) (default: ‘root’): Just press enter

Please specify database password: Enter your mysql root password

Thanks Juliet for your support ,it worked.