Common Lab Module GSOC2020

Okay, you will have to follow the REST documentation and set up the web service or download the omod for the legacy UI using this link https://addons.openmrs.org/show/org.openmrs.module.legacy-ui-module and base on distribution version you installed.

NOTE: For now the common lab module runs on the openMRS legacy UI and not the reference application

1 Like

@tahira, Here is link of total setup https://pastebin.com/7TuZ5ean

@wandji69 In the you have given https://addons.openmrs.org/show/org.openmrs.module.legacy-ui-module demo.openmrs.org is not working i can know the setup for that

Ok can you setup another server but this time use the platform server type.

1 Like

hii @tahira @mozzy @wandji69 , I am unable to find my solution by getting this error : ERROR jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/server1?autoReconnect=true&sessionVariables=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8 -> [Help 1]

can u tell me meaning of these error(I have worked it out)

Getting the error below. kindly i need your assistance.

The following error occurred at startup: OpenMRS requires Java 6, but is running under 1.8.0_242

org.openmrs.api.APIException: OpenMRS requires Java 6, but is running under 1.8.0_242 at org.openmrs.util.OpenmrsUtil.validateJavaVersion(OpenmrsUtil.java:1204) at org.openmrs.web.Listener.contextInitialized(Listener.java:120) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4699) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5165) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:743) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:719) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:705) at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:970) at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492) at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1634) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:287) at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819) at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:801) at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.check(ManagerServlet.java:1559) at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.upload(HTMLManagerServlet.java:289) at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doPost(HTMLManagerServlet.java:207) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:660) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166) at org.apache.catalina.filters.CsrfPreventionFilter.doFilter(CsrfPreventionFilter.java:211) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166) at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166) at org.apache.catalina.filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:199) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:668) at org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestFilterValve.process(RequestFilterValve.java:348) at org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve.invoke(RemoteAddrValve.java:52) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:139) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:81) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:688) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:609) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:65) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:818) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1623) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

for this we need to setup java 6 while i am trying to install itā€™s not able to download can u suggest me

This too shows error connecting to DB, can you leave the database uri to default (just hit enter) and check?

I have setup my system whole with Tomcat and hosted openmrs.war fileā€¦ The problem it shows that ā€œOpenMRS requires Java 6, but is running under 11.0.6ā€. I tired to resolve the issue by installing Java 6 (sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk ) and tired many. Could @mozzy @tahira @captaindavinci help me out with the issue?

Can you make sure java 6 is being used by your system?

$ java -version

@captaindavinci No my java -version is 11.0.6

Can you set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to openjdk-6 path?

@captaindavinci I couldnā€™t find out any Java6 version download file which is why i am currently used java8 for openmrs setup.

Hello guys! I desperately want to work in Android Project of OpenMRS i.e OpenMRS Android Client 2.9.x Project, in gsoc. I am facing some issues:

1. While trying to pick some tickets and solve them, the portal is not letting me to log in. Might be ā€œTo request an account, please contact your Jira administratorsā€ is a reason.

Ref. URL: https://issues.openmrs.org/projects/AC/issues/AC-669?filter=allopenissues

1. I have forked the repo and have read all the project requirements and now want to discuss more upon this project with mentors, before i could make idea proposal.

Mentors kindly reply so that i can have more inputs for a better idea proposal.

Hi @sarthaksarm, I suggest you to post your issue on the wall of your topic .

1 Like

Hi @tahira @mozzy, Finally ,I accomplished max tasks that are mentioned in GSOC warm up practice and I request you to guide me for the next step in this Project

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-java-archive-javase6-downloads.html

Could this help?

HI @gayathrivellanki Actually the issue of Jira administrators sounds to be not really related to any particular project and so is the reason why i wrote here. Furthemore, yes, the latter one written there, could surely be asked in specific wall.

1 Like

@sarthaksarm Yes, It helped to sort out my error Thank you

@tahira @mozzy could u help for net task to create jira ticket and to pull it

Just post this on talks page as separate thread or post on help, it will be resolved within hours. You can create a different thread regarding project details, where we can discuss regarding your proposal

1 Like