Clinical decisions support in OpenMRS

Awesome to hear about the interest in this. Yes, @dkayiwa is right; we planned for this work to end up being housed in the Analytics Engine Squad (not necessarily saying it has to happen this way, and we’d hope to see more people join that squad specifically with CDS interests). Idea was that we’d be able to feed on live-time data from the Analytics Engine which would run in parallel to the frontend (@burke @akimaina @bashir anything to add about that idea?). But ideas are just ideas… so next steps…

@jennifer was thinking we could kick this off with a Lightning Talk soon - @ssmusoke would you be interested in that, and in demo-ing how your team is handling CDS so far? We could use that as our kick-off to start clearly laying out the requirements and next steps.

Your timing is awesome @ssmusoke because both @ddesimone and @paulamendola have recently expressed interest in demo-ing how they are handling Decision Support. Probably would be helpful to see how AMPATH handles it as well in the backend (@jdick) - I think there’s a whole combo happening throughout the OMRS community of custom-build rule building tools and mostly hard-coded rules.

Also @ssmusoke you may want to check out the recent conversation in the Bahmni community - @tejakancherla presented to their Product Architecture Team just recently; they’re looking to build a CDS rule-builder GUI to drive alerts/notifications. Here’s that post and here’s their requirements and mockups document.

Out of nerdy curiosity - @ssmusoke has your team looked at using CDS Hooks? (https://cds-hooks.org/) I’ve been hearing this term used in the context of “one day it would be nice to…” so I’m just curious.

2 Likes