CIEL Concept dictionary sunsetting versions prior to 1.11 as of January 1, 2022

For many months (even years) I have posted a notice about the ultimate migration from the dropbox, flat-file method of distributing the Columbia International eHealth Lab (CIEL) concept dictionary. Dropbox has been managing monthly releases for all versions of OpenMRS from 1.6.6 to 2.4. This is a huge overhead and requires me to support older versions of the terminology that does not include key attributes like mapping relationships.

I would like to migrate the management environment of CIEL to OpenMRS 1.11. That will mean that beginning on January 1, 2022, there will no longer be any updates of CIEL prior to version 1.11.

I strongly recommend that regular users of the CIEL dictionary switch over to using the OpenMRS Dictionary Manager and subscription module to receive updates (as this will automatically support your version as you upgrade). I will continue to support flat-file dropbox delivery for versions from 1.11, but that will eventually be replaced entirely by the module delivery.

If you are running on a previous version of OpenMRS (prior to 1.11) and are using CIEL and will be negatively impacted by the January 1st switch over, please reach out to me directly or comment on this thread. I will be mailing out a notice to all emails that I have for dropbox.

2 Likes