Check Modules Test (difference in local and online instances ) [Resolved]

I have been working on this Test and realized All cases(firefox, chrome, headless (false and true)) pass on the local instance but when ran against QA online instance, it fails.

I have found the difference to be the actions (which the test runs through to see if all modules are started by checking if there is a stop option )column which are not available on the online instance I think as an issue of privileges.

should the test be written to pass on the online instance or how can it be handled

PR @kdaud @sharif @dkayiwa

A test should run on both on online instance which is qa-server, this server is what is being run via a docker configuration. and your local instance.

Thanks @sharif . yes they are the same but i think there is a diffrence in configuration. have you notced it from the screenshots i shared !

You are correct. The online instance has module.allow_web_admin set to false in its runtime properties file. So the test needs to be changed to use some other technique to check if all modules are started.

3 Likes

Noted with Thanks @dkayiwa . i guess i will have to change even the local instance to match the same configuration. however i thought of first making it first got to module.allow_web_admin and set it to true if its false and then after that turn it back to the default false before closing the Test. Is this acceptable

I have realized I can’t access its runtime properties file… Thank you

Uploads are not allowed from the website at this time. The runtime property module.allow_web_admin must be set to true.

You do not have to touch the runtime properties file. Just use another technique to check if all modules are started.

2 Likes

This was taken on by @kdaud and was closed done

Fixed the issue at:

1 Like