I’m trying to install Bahmni developer so I can edit and test modules, but I cannot move past the yarn clean test command. I repeatedly get the errors “cannot start firefox”, “failed to create a temp dir”, and “The system cannot find the path specified. (os error 3)”. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue? I’ve been struggling for 2 weeks now.
Not sure if this has anything to do with the code.
- Googling returns this thread on mozilla on “shader disk cache”
- You can try setting a different. browser for test if that helps. in karma.conf.js, for example “chrome”, you will need karma chrome launcher in that case.
- You must be one of the few courageous ones to try this on Windows … but it should work.
I really appreciate the quick reply and the information. I’ve been struggling with Bahmni since I’m still a student so this is a lot of self-learning for me. If windows is a challenge what would be a better way to access the developer part of Bahmni? (I’m not sure if I need the developer part) I’m trying to set-up a simple clinic EHR with billing capabilities. Sorry if I should post this as a new question. Thank you!
- you can use the vagrant box and follow the instructions on WIKI
- Note, vagrant can slow things down, so its better to have a machine with good CPU and memory, and also stop the services that you don’t need. For example: if you are working on primarily EMR side, then stop all other services like “bahmni-lab”, “pacs-integration”, “bahmni-erp-connect”, “odoo”, “dcm4chee” etc. Going by what you want to do - I would probably have only the required services running - openmrs, bahmni-erp-connect, odoo - thats it.
- of course, you still need to develop on your host machine. (in this case windows). and bahmni-apps should be fine. you need yarn, node/npm etc … but these are fine. If you are using vagrantbox, then have a shared folder between your host and vagrantbox and create a symlink (instructions on WIKI).
- there is also the option of running on docker (see WIKI, although it might be little outdated). Note, i am not sure how good “Docker for Windows with the hyper-v” is for development.
Did changing the browser in karma config work?
No, it still doesn’t pull up. I end up getting the error failed to create file: The system cannot find the path specified.
I can see that its till trying to run firefox. Have you tried changing to Chrome in karma.conf.js and using karma chrome launcher?
Mellisa, you need to run these commands only if you want to “develop features” on Bahmni.
If you want to use Bahmni EMR with Billing don’t spend time doing “development” steps. Just follow the vagrant steps on Windows and install Bahmni. It will install Bahmni EMR and Billing in a virtual machine running on windows, and you can access it from Firefox by typing in browser: http://192.168.33.10/
Vagrant steps: Bahmni Documentation Wiki
Hi @angshuonline , I am facing same issue when using Firefox. Is there any other way to fix this? Thank you.
I am facing same issue when I am using Firefox, Can you please suggest any alternate way to run “yarn clean test”?
what errors are you coming across?