cannot install serialization.xstream via openmrs sdk

Hi, can you maybe help with this:

I am trying to install platform 2.0 with some module using the SDK.

I was able to install a few modules, but am having issues when running:

mvn openmrs-sdk:install -DserverId=platform2 -DgroupId=org.openmrs.module -DartifactId=serialization.xstream -Dversion=0.2.9

The SDK cannot find the artifact:

[INFO] — openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:2.1.2:install (default-cli) @ standalone-pom — [INFO] Configured Artifact: org.openmrs.module:serialization.xstream-omod:0.2.9:jar Downloading: JFrog Downloading: JFrog Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/openmrs/module/serialization.xstream-omod/0.2.9/serialization.xstream-omod-0.2.9.jar

And I think its because the serialization.xstream is on the repository with extension “.omod”.

See JFrog

All other modules I could install with the SDK have an extension of “.jar” on the repository. For example: http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/openmrs/module/reporting-omod/0.9.8.1/

Is this maybe not be an SDK issue but rather one of the deployment of the serialization.xstream?

I’ve noticed this with a few modules - not sure how this happened but I would compare the POM of serialization.xstream to reporting and see if there are any obvious differences that would result in this happening during the release phase.

I am reviving this thread since we stumbled on an issue that might be related.

the serialization-xstream module was released but not automatically pushed to bintray see github conversation about it

Maybe the solution to both issues (release to bintray/deployments with SDK) is to fix the POM and released as omod instead of jar.

There is even an issue:

ccing @dkayiwa @darius @raff

From my perspective I would just action the SXS-27 ticket, and change serialization.xstream to work like all the other modules.

I’m not involved anything that needs to support backwards-compatibility though. @mogoodrich do you know if this would break anything for PIH?