At one of our implementations we have the following use case:
- A patient is registered first
- After registration, he is entered into a program based on the treatment he is getting.
- Once his treatment is over, the program is closed.
- If there is a relapse of the disease, the patient is re-enrolled into the program.
- In this case, the data entered in the second enrolment needs to be distinct from the data entered during the previous enrolments.
- This means that we would need to generate program enrolment specific dashboards and reports.
- They would be differentiating the two enrolments based on program attributes like an ID, location etc.
We are thinking of implementing episodes of care to make the program data enrolment specific. We intend to associate an episode of care to one program enrolment.
What are you thoughts on this? Please let us know if there is a better way of handling this use case.