BOD Community Member Seat Election Results!

The moment you have all been waiting for has arrived and the votes are in! Steve Wanyee will be our new Community Representative and take his seat on the BOD on February 1, 2019. Please join me in extending congratulations to Steve!

I want to say how impressed I am with our turnout: 146 community members participated and ranked our four candidates according to who they thought would be best suited to represent the community. Here is how the vote broke down:

Steve Wanyee: 34.25%

Stephen Musoke: 29.45%

Mike Seaton: 28.08%

Herbert Yiga: 8.22%

Thanks to all of you for throwing your hats in the ring!

There are many different ways for us to lead and contribute to our community every day. Steve, Stephen, Mike, and Herbert have already shown us what this can lead to - and I hope they’ll continue to do so in their own way in the coming year.

@janflowers @wanyee @ssmusoke @mseaton @herbert24

8 Likes

Congratulations to all the candidates I believe you are all winners and we look forward to work with you @wanyee to make openmrs a better place.:smile:

Congratulations @wanyee

Congratulations @wanyee. Could it be ok if he put his picture on the profile. I may not know him. It’s is just a request. :slight_smile:

Congratulations @wanyee!

Congrats @wanyee!

congs wanyee and tahnks to all those who perticipated

Congratulations @wanyee !

Congs! @wanyee. We are look forward for a better tomorrow for our community

Congratulations @wanyee - looking forward to the future with you on the board!

Congratulations @wanyee

Congrats @wanyee

Dear friends,

I want to sincerely thank each one of you for honoring and entrusting me with your voice as your Community Representative on the OpenMRS Community BOD. I am deeply moved by your confidence in me and immensely grateful to each one of you for taking your time to enable me represent you on the Board. Each one of us remains a representative of what OpenMRS is about, the values we don’t just subscribe to, but live by, the people we don’t just serve, but the people we are. These things make any one of us qualified, competent and of deserving to officially and unofficially represent the OpenMRS Community. What you have entrusted with me to speak on your behalf at the BOD represents the continuous flow of ideas, thoughts, suggestions, plans, experiences, feedback that I will listen to in my service to you. For that thank you once again.

To @ssmusoke, @mseaton, @herbert24, I will reach out to you individually to tap into your reservoir of rich ideas, wealth of experience and amazing plans of great things in OpenMRS to hold hands and move those forward.

Lastly, I would also like to sincerely thank the OpenMRS leadership for the stewardship that has brought us all this far. Each one of us has our OpenMRS life stories to tell, and as a Community, we definitely have caused and lived the digital health revolution.

Let each one of us continue being the candle flame upon which other candles light up, and let our collective candle flames continue to light up the world [for those who know the ever inspirational Chris Bailey, he has always taught us this]

6 Likes

This is awesome! :slight_smile:

A big thanks to @wanyee for accepting this role and to all the other candidates who expressed interest. It shows how you are all committed to take our community to a higher level.

Congratulation @wanyee