Bahmni support for HL-7/FHIR standard?

(Asked on behalf of a community member)

I read that Bahmni will support FHIR in 0.88. Does it mean that it will be available on Demo site also like the way OpenMRS demo has?

I was also looking for HL7 message support for Bahmni. Is there any documentation for the same?

Bahmni runs on top of OpenMRS (for EMR features) and OpenMRS already has HL-7 support.

Besides that, for Hub & Spoke feature we are working on using FHIR standard to communicate data across the Hub and its Spokes. You can see details here: Trello

The hope for us is to re-use the work we did with Bahmni and Shared Health Record with regards to FHIR integration. See this link (slide 15 onwards): Bahmni | PPT

I read that Bahmni will support FHIR in 0.88

Bahmni won’t have FHIR support yet in v0.88. It will in some time once Hub & Spoke feature is released.

/cc @darius @angshuonline: Your thoughts on this topic?

as @gsluthra said, we will develop the FHIR module for Bahmni which will export the entities (location, practitioner, patient etc), metadata (terminology, and other configs), and data (encounter - as a form on FHIR bundle). We had a look at the OpenMRS FHIR module, and felt we can use it provided its made more generic - e.g. allow resource providers to be overridden. Most importantly, we feel we need to agree upon the encounter exchange bundle specification between Bahmni and OpenMRS FHIR devs.

The current state of interop support of Bahmni with OpenMRS FHIR2 module/HL7 others is summarised here: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/3176333313/Bahmni+support+for+Open+Global+Standards+Interoperability+OpenHIE+-+2023+Roadmap