Bahmni PAT call on 15 Jan 2020

Dear All,

Reminder, we have PAT call, happening - at 6:30 pm IST, that’s 1 pm UTC, 9 am ET Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.

Zoom meeting: https://thoughtworks.zoom.us/j/255788233

Please provide any topic you would like to discuss in this thread.

@ajeenckya @arjun @mksrom @pramidat @ramashish @shivarachakonda @binduak @swetha184 @laxman @anandpatel @snehabagri @sushilp @sushmit @vmalini @akhilmalhotra @dipakthapa @ramashish@pradipta @mddubey @rrameshbtech @mddubey @iadksd @angshuonline @mwelazek

Issues and Observations with Forms 2.0 - Review comments and decide the approach to fix it

We dropped the call due to low turnout due to public holiday in many parts of Asia.

Mohit wanted to revisit some of the issues mentioned in the above thread. I suggested that he posts what direction his team has been thinking, and to bring it up next call again for others to provide any alternate views

However notes here

Below is the list of issues and the approach we plan to fix them

Issue 1 - With Forms 1.0 the alignment of concepts is towards the left side of the page but with Forms 2.0 the alignment is from the center of the page

Soln - Here we are talking about the alignment in general for all concepts and not just answers for coded concepts. We plan to make the alignment towards the left hand side of the page like we have in forms 1.0. This will provide the same look and feel that we had with forms 1.0

Issue 2 - With Forms 1.0 length of the concept box remains the same, irrespective of the text it has and therefore concept selection does not modify the UI but with Forms 2.0 length of the concept box varies with the text and so concept selection modifies the UI with Forms 2.0

(Angshu’s comments) - If for coded answers (type coded), then maybe we can introduce a property for answers “length” - which would wrap the lengthier texts and show everything as same size! if its for the question - we can introduce similar “length” property for the concept - and even introduce “wrap texts” property. Also, instead of putting a check mark, maybe we can change the button style to reflect the selection.

Soln - Our current implementations feel the older look and feel of same size is more user friendly, can we retain the same?

Issue 3 - Spacing between two concepts is less with Forms 1.0 and more with Forms 2.0. This is problematic if a form printed with forms 1.0 was accommodated in 2 pages and with forms 2.0 is taking 3 or more pages

Soln - Is this fine, if we make it similar to form1?

Issue 4 - With Forms 1.0, if I want to see description for multiple concepts then I can see them all at once as the UI is adjusted accordingly whereas, with Forms 2.0, the description overlap each and i am not able to view all descriptions at once as the UI does not adjust automatically

(Angshu’s comments) - What would be the best way to display? Do you want the displays to be permanent or to be shown only on demand individually? I would prefer either a property to “show description” (for the question concept) - or - an info icon click displaying a closeable popup or as a “toast”.

Soln - We want to render it in the same way as Forms 1.0

Issue 5 - With Forms 1.0, concise text is supported i.e the length of a text box can be reduced. With Forms 2.0, concise text is not supported.

Soln - Can we support the same configuration in Forms 2.0 that we have for Forms 1.0? (“conciseText”: true)

Issue 6 - With Forms 1.0, Add more for forms is supported. With Forms 2.0, Add more for forms is not supported

Soln - Can we support the same configuration in Forms 2.0 that we have for Forms 1.0? (“allowAddMore”: true)

@angshuonline @vmalini @snehabagri @mksrom @binduak

Where are the latest mockups for Form 2.0? (ideally desktop and mobile)

I am not sure which mockups you are referring to, can you please elaborate?