Bahmni installation reset by it self?

Our Bahmni installation reset/replaced to … looks like original installation.

We have installed and run Bahmni ver 0.91 for around 4 months. We customized the UI. Then at 4th May 2019, around 16.00 PM. The customization was lost, just like newly installed Bahmni App.

The database is intact, but the customization is lost:

• bahmniapps reverted to original
  • OpenMRS modules gone

Fortunately we have daily snap shot of the disk. So we can revert back to previous date. But after a while, it happened again. Looks like a command automatically executed by cron or other mechanism.

Does anyone know what caused this?

Unless someone reinstalls (or calls update), there is no reason for Bahmniapps to get replaced/overwritten. Same for OpenMRS modules.

Have you checked the cron jobs? Is there something configured that will auto update Bahmni?

Have you configured any automated backup restore? Even then, I can not imagine why bahmniapps or modules will get overwritten - if at all, I could think of bahmni_config getting overwritten. (and for that you should configure “/etc/bahmni-backrest.conf”)

I have resolved this problem. Apparently the cuplrit was an auto update of bahmni app by “yum” tool. So I have to exclude bahmni to be updated automaticaly.

I think implementer should be provided with adequate information about this. I followed guide from Bahmni to install it on CentOS. So I think there is a good chance this could happen to other people.

1 Like

Dear Iwan,

I hope this message finds you well. Today, I encountered the same problem with Bahmni. It unexpectedly reset itself, and I am currently unsure of the cause behind this behavior. Could you please assist me by providing guidance and more details to help resolve this issue?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards

1 Like

Possibly same thing happened that happened to @iwanbz

You can check when yum update ran recently like this

file: /var/log/yum.log

If so, I guess you need to exclude bahmni from yum auto update expicitly. See this
  1. How to Exclude Specific Packages from Yum Update – TecAdmin (Point 2)
  2. See how to see installed bahmni packages: Confluence

In general: bahmni* and atomfeed* should be sufficient.

1 Like