Bahmni concept translation

Hello, I have been trying to translate bahmni to french, but I don’t know how to go about translating the concepts, I tried adding short names to the concepts local through openmrs ui, but I still get some errors when loading some pages Example:

(for this error I tried also rebuilding search index but the error persists) so I have two questions : Is there an easier way to translate than translating every concept through openmrs manually. why do I get the errors (only in french version). Thank you so much for your time.

There is import functionality in new Bahmni (Standard and Lite). Its called the initialiser module. Read more about it here: GitHub - mekomsolutions/openmrs-module-initializer: The OpenMRS Initializer module is an API-only module that processes the content of the configuration folder when it is found inside OpenMRS' application data directory.

And see example here: clinic-config/masterdata/configuration at main · Bahmni/clinic-config · GitHub (this is from clinic-config and not default-config)

If you are using CIEL as the dictionary, it contains translations for many concepts, but not all and not for all languages (some languages are much more complete such as Spanish). If you find a CIEL concept that does not have a translation you need, it would be great to provide that to us so that everyone else would benefit from your translation. Of note: it is critical that the translation provided be of the FULLY SPECIFIED name. The short name does not have to be unique and should not be used for data collection. All synonyms should be synonymous :slight_smile: but can be phrased differently. For example, if the concept name is SEVERE MALARIA, providing a translation for just MALARIA would not be acceptable as an FSN or synonym.

1 Like

Quite a few non-English locale related issues have been recently fixed by the team. Please do verify this on Bahmni Docker Standard test environment mentioned here.

JIRA issues fixed:

1. [BAH-3393] - Bahmni - JIRA
  2. [BAH-3407] - Bahmni - JIRA
  3. [BAH-3393] - Bahmni - JIRA

cc: @gokul @sanofersameera @angshuonline