Automatically sending the report via email

Hi, please is it possible with bahmni to configure the report to be sent automatically via email instead of running it manually.

Thank you

Hey @jess, I think this link to a wiki here might be of help. This conversation here also can provide some insight. Useful links: Link One from OpenMRS issues and Link Two a Github Repo

Let me know

Lawrence

@kazlaw thank you let me try and come back to you.

Hi @jess - most of the links shared by @kazlaw pertain to OpenMRS’s reporting module, not Bahmni reporting module. So, if you wish to send email, you can try adding the OpenMRS reporting module, and then configure relevant report, and try the email feature.

With regards to Bahmni reports (in the EMR dashboard), there isn’t currently an email feature out of the box. We are introducing ability to send emails from Bahmni in current release, by introducing an email component, that can be used generically by all the different Bahmni modules that want to send email (like email prescription, patient summary, etc). I agree that the ability to send reports periodically via email will be very useful. Will add this in roadmap.

If you currently want this feature, you may need to get a bit creative, like writing some simple java/node-js program that logins into Bahmni, trigger the appropriate UI end point to download the PDF, and then sends an email. If you already have the “sql” to execute, you could write a simple program that connects to the DB, and formats the SQL result as HTML/CSV and sends an email. Example of sending email in Java - javatpoint

1 Like

@gsluthra, thanks alot for the guidance. Grateful!

Lawrence

1 Like

@gsluthra Thank you a lot.

1 Like