Automated test for booking an appointment catches a bug

The hard coded Request Appointment - Appointment Types aren’t rendered on the UI for the test to select a type on the latest refapp module. The Appointment Type is hard coded and the test is set to enter one of them within the system for the save button to be active.

The test is passing well when run against demo.openmrs.org however, we set our automated tests to run against the latest refapp SNAPSHOT. Most likely there might be a merge on the module that renders Request Appointment - Appointment Type on the UI(which am not certain the exact module).

The test passes on demo.openmrs.org server

The test fails on qa-refapp.openmrs.org (this server uses the latest modules of refapp)

any clue on how we can have this bug sorted to have the test pass?

cc: @sharif @ibacher @dkayiwa

@kdaud You are right that is a bug which was fixed on this ticket by @cosmin and I tested it works perfect and I was to fix the css part and he also tests then its good to go. I promise it will be done by 5pm EAT. Am sorry I was caught-up yesterday and other weekends.

Thanks @jwnasambu for the information.

I anxiously look forward to your fixing this !

This was caused by some one who changed qa-refapp from platform 2.4.0 to 2.5.0-alpha, leading to the failure of the REST call that fetches appointment types. openmrs-module-appointmentscheduling/AppointmentTypeResource1_9.java at master · openmrs/openmrs-module-appointmentscheduling · GitHub

@kdaud i used the page you referenced above to see the failure from Chrome’s developer tools network tab.

2 Likes

Thanks @dkayiwa for the hint.

Lesson well taught and the student has fully grasped the concept :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@dkayiwa thanks for the clarification on cause of the test failure. @kdaud am sorry am unable to beat the set time because of my poor internet. Nevertheless am grateful the bug is not related to the ticket I shared above.

@jwnasambu the bug was caught by the test and fixed by @dkayiwa. See more info on the subject at

@dkayiwa @tendomart seems like https://qa-refapp.openmrs.org/openmrs/ has been switched from platform 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 aplha3 and the REST call that fetches appointment types has not updated its resources to include support for platform 2.5.0. Am noticing this from the clinical visit test workflow run failing to pass a user story of Booking an appointment

@kdaud do you mind raising a pull request for the appointmentscheduling module?

It’s 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT though am not stil sure wether this PR could have triggered the changes

Do not worry @tendomart. It was done by dkayiwa :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anyways , got scared because my local spin is also 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT…

But i have doen this update , core is still failing locally regardless.

The pull request below has the best answer to the question :grin:

@kdaud merged with thanks! Did you go ahead and confirm that qa-refapp is now happy?

@dkayiwa the trusted report shows qa-refapp is happy and satisfied with the changes.