Atomfeed module usage

Any documentation that would lead me into using atom feed module to share patient information between 2 OpenMRS instances? I have a use case whereby if I create a patient in instanceA, the same patient need to be created in instanceB. Both instances are running on 2 different servers. Any pointers @dkayiwa @ssmusoke @SolDevelo

That reminds me of sync 2 module :innocent:

Since i do not know more details about your use case, i will start with asking, have you evaluated database replication? :slight_smile:

Yes, I can explore that approach, I though atomfeed module could just have global properties for setting up the 2 servers. Alternately, I can use sync2, but all my instances are on 1.x

Support for 1.x was eventually added to sync2. Just in case you are not be aware of an alternative solution from @Mekom https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-dbsync

Though both sync2 and dbsync are still work in progress. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing people to the new OpenMRS DB Sync @dkayiwa.

DB Sync is brand new and operates as it is now on the 2.3.x data model. So depending on what needs to be sync’d it may or may not work out of the box for your use case against 1.x instances @ningosi.