API for Appointment Management Module

Application Name: OpenMRS Android Client, Appointment Management Module of OpenMRS Version Number: Android Client 2.x

Question: I am a contributor in OpenMRS Android Client. While exploring the demo web-app of OpenMRS, I saw a feature of Appointment Scheduling. I feel like this feature must be there in OpenMRS Android client so that a user can schedule an appointment on the go and send notifications.

I searched in the wikis of OpenMRS and I found the docs of Appointment Management Module. Does this module provide a REST API? Actually, I am looking for a module which provides REST API that I can call from Android app. Any help regarding this is appreciated.

Yes, there is a REST API for the Appointment Scheduling module. I don’t know if it’s documented (I haven’t searched; you should.)

But you can see how it works from looking at the classes in this package: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-appointmentscheduling/tree/master/omod/src/main/java/org/openmrs/module/appointmentscheduling/rest/resource/openmrs1_9

2 Likes

Darius is correct, there is a REST API in the Appointment Scheduling module, but, no, unfortunately, I don’t think it is documented.

However, it should follow the pattern of other OpenMRS REST objects, and, hopefully there are javadocs in the code.

Also, you can look at the Appointment Scheduling UI module, which is a consumer of the REST API exposed in the Appointment Scheduling module.

2 Likes