Announcing the 2016 Uganda OpenMRS Implementers' Conference!

@darius:

This is the contact address:

Dr. Eddie Mukooyo Assistant Commissioner of Health Services, Ministry of Health Uganda Tel: +256 (0) 413 408 74 / +256 (0) 412 315 63

Just wondering what kind of turnaround time to expect on the Visa? We just applied today, so really only giving ourselves a 2.5 week turnaround. Has anyone else heard back yet?

Also, strangely, they donā€™t ask for payment information when applying.

Take care, Mark

1 Like

They replied to me in 2 Business days. You have to have the documents in person when you get there and pay the money in person

Thanks @maurya, see you there!

The section for contact in Uganda is one long text field. So I entered the information @jmpango provided as shown below

Dr. Eddie Mukooyo,Assistant Commissioner of Health Services, Ministry of Health Uganda, Tel: +256 (0) 413 408 74 / +256 (0) 412 315 63

But the system says its invalid.

If I remember right, I filled it this way:

Dr. Eddie Mukooyo, Assistant Commissioner of Health Services, Ministry of Health Uganda, 0413 408 74

Its been about a week now since applied. Should I keep waiting or should I resubmit my application? Since the conference is just in a few days from now. Just wondering since @maurya says he had a response in 2 business days. I am beginning to think I gave a wrong return email address(not so sure about this though).

@ivange94 (and others waiting on a visa)ā€¦ did you get a confirmation email when you submitted an application with the link to check the status of your application? I checked on the status last Friday, expecting it to still be pending (since I have gotten any email saying it was approved) but when I checked I actually had been approved and I could download the visa, etcā€¦ so it might be that youā€™ve actually been approved but they neglected to send a notification email.

If you donā€™t have the original email with the link to check your status, let me know, and Iā€™ll dig it up.

Mark

I did not get any notification email after filling the form.

@ivange94, I got a confirmation email when I first applied for my Uganda visa, but like @mogoodrich, I didnā€™t receive an email message with the actual visa. The link to check the status is https://visas.immigration.go.ug/#/check.

FYI:They have approved my application! I was starting to worry for nothing!

See you soon!

Thanks for this. Just checked an my application was actually deferred. They said I should attach an invitation letter and a return air ticket. Let me do that now and hope for the best.

Itā€™s been approved. See you all in Uganda.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear all,

Kindly ensure you have your OMRS16 invitation letter when applying for the visa. That will smoothen the approval process

On behalf of the Ugandan local team, we welcome you all to Uganda - The Pearl of Africa

See you all here in one weekā€™s time

JMpango

Welcome Friends cant wait to meet you all