Announcing Google Summer of Code 2020!

Hi every one,

We have analysed the submission on the above form and reviewed their contributions and presence in the OpenMRS.

I will be also doing my part as an Admin this year too. As we can go ahead with only two admins, we selected Moses Mutesasira (@mozzy) for GSoC 2020 Co-Admin role. Congrats @mozzy :partying_face:. We expect other candidates also will contribute to GSoC as mentors this year.

Cheers…!

6 Likes

Hi @suthagar23 I am Varun Gupta, a final year student at BITS Pilani and I am keen to contribute to OpenMRS as a part of GSoC 2020 student. I would like to work on Java related projects like OpenMRS modules. Could you please let me know where to start from and keep on contributing so as to have a great chance of being accepted for GSoC 2020 ?

Am so delighted and humbled for the above position @suthagar23 , i hope i will surely learn alot from you . :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi everyone , I am Anant Shankhdhar and I’d like to contribute for GSoC 2020.How can I start contributing to React projects?

We are glad you have interest in openmrs. Kindly follow this link to get started.

@anant0808 see more here

It’s been a while in this community and after going through the projects of 2019, I am interested in contributing to the project Condition List and potentially take it up for GSoC’20(if it plans to remain).

Could I please get information on the status and how I could contribute to it ? @dkayiwa @ball

Hii @varung31, good to see you interested in contributing to OpenMRS. Follow this guide to get stated as a developer and solve some intro tickets at first :smile:

I solved two tickets and raised PR’s. But I feel I’d contribute better if I get to know what the project exactly does and the task is familiar.

Thanks for this announcement, I want to participate in GSOC this year and work further for openmrs as I am currently working for openmrs android client project. I know Kotlin and java both android dev and also flutter framework for cross platform development.

1 Like

thats great @uxperience . have you seen this ?

1 Like

wow great…also what is the elgibility criteria?:partying_face:

am highly impressed by @suthagar23’s administration and how he revitalised the last program, the year i worked in the same role, we were 2 of us, both @suthagar23 and @mozzy are dev3s and doing well, i would appreciate the 2 working together. if there others willing to volunteer in the same role, i would suggest an a co-admin role request google administration form and we review the applicants basing on their previous contributions and commitment. this is no easy role and the well committed ones would do to the program what @suthagar23 has done or even more. This year i hope to mentor a QA project. Cheers

3 Likes

You should be an University Student and over the age of 18 :wink:

2 Likes

@prathamesh009 tq

Yes and actually I am working on some issues for the android-client as well

All GSOC2020 Apirants!
The list of projects as been announced. Checkout here- A starters guide for GSOC 2020

Hai All, I am Sajeevan Vinayakavaseekaran. Undergraduate, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am excited to work with OpenMRS community.

1 Like

Hello everyone, my name is Adit Mehta. Currently, I am pursuing ICT engineering from DAIICT. My github ID is aditmehta9. I have good experience in PostgreSQL and Java. I have made many projects in android applications and semester long project in PostgreSQL. I have basic familiarity with Liquibase. I want to contribute to project- OpenMRS should run on PostgreSQL. But I don’t know from where to start. i don’t know in which repo. to look and how should I start contributing. Please help me with doubt @dkayiwa @jwnasambu.

Welcome to the community and we are glad to have you here. Have you had a chance to peruse through this link GSoC 2020: Warm up practices for students?