AllergyUI module does not compile

fyi, the head of the AllergyUI module does not currently compile.

I discovered this while working locally and then ran the CI build of the module to confirm it wasn’t an issue with my enviroment. The AllergyUI build hadn’t run in a month, so I believe there is an issue with the dependency chain here, and that some change in core or another module introduced the problem.

Failing build is here:

https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/AUM-AUM-229/

Key error appears to be:

[ERROR] /home/bamboo-agent-2/bamboo-agent/xml-data/build-dir/AUM-AUM-JOB1/web-2.0/src/main/java/org/openmrs/module/allergyui/page/controller/AllergyPageController.java:[243,45] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   variable OTHER_NON_CODED_UUID
[ERROR] location: class org.openmrs.Allergen
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
1 Like

Thanks for catching this @mogoodrich.

I believe the missing dependency is that Allergy UI now also depends on openmrs-core 2.x (in addition to depending on allergyapi), so I added a dependency so that OpenMRS Core Master triggers Allergy UI. (Technically this should probably have been from OpenMRS Core 2.0.x, so if someone wants to fix this they can.)

@jdegraft, @dkayiwa, I think you two were working on the changes to openmrs-core that led to this failure (e.g. moving the UUID from a constant to a global property), right?

I will work on this. pull request:

The problem was allergyui had to be updated to use the constant which is now a global property

1 Like