Add Lao to transifex

Hi,

we would like to translate Bahmni to Lao language, but 2 requests of adding Lao to Transifex have remained unanswered, so I thought to try here. Of course we can do it without Transifex, but to me this is the best way of giving something back to the community.

BR, Georg

Hi @bgevam,

Yes sure it’s the right way to go, thank you for asking. @burke, @jennifer who’s got the keys to /openmrs on Transifex? I’d be happy to help but I don’t think I can admin this. Actually that’s more specifically /openmrs/bahmni on Transifex, @binduak maybe?

Admins of Transifex at the moment are:

• Aditya Bisht
  • Himabindu T
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Ismael Batista
  • Mark Goodrich
  • Michael Seaton

I agree it would be good to have two admins each for Bahmni & OpenMRS. It would probably be good to have at least one admin for each major OpenMRS community-supported project depending on Transifex for translations (e.g., Micro Frontend Squad).

I’m happy to send invites and trim off folks no longer involved if you all can help identify people and give me their Transifex usernames.

Hi @bgevam sorry for the late reply. I have seen the request for both Lao (lo) and Lao (Laos) (lo_LA) languages for the Bahmni project. Can you please let us know which one you are referring to, so that I can approve the request. Thanks !

1 Like

Hi @binduak, please add Lao(lo). Thank you :slight_smile:

@bgevam Added Lao(lo) language to the bahmni project.

1 Like

If you also want translations to go into the concept dictionary please let me know.

Hi @akanter ,

yes please, that would be awesome!

BR, Georg

Edit: Forgot Tag

If you are still interested in adding these translations to the CIEL concept dictionary, It can be done either with the translation service bureau module, or via excel. If you do it via Excel, the sheet should have the concept_id, English name, and the Lao translation. The Lao translation should be synonymous with the default or fully-specified English name.