And a gentle reminder that our next Global Events & Marketing Team is coming up on Wednesday.
What We’ll Talk About:
When: October 25 at 7:30pm IST | 5 pm Nairobi | 4 pm Cape Town | 2 pm UTC | 10 am Boston | 7am Seattle.
Where: Launch Meeting - Zoom
Can’t make it? Join our #global-events Slack channel and get in on the day-to-day action!
This team is rocking & rolling!
Here’s where we are with planning our November Community Meeting:
- Announcement to squads & teams on Talk - DONE!
- Set up Wiki Community Meeting page - Draft available. Thank you, @suubi7
- Draft the schedule - DONE! Note that there is an additional tab where we can put down any ideas we have or come across about potential topics for plenary, showcases, and lightning talks.
- Open up registration - DONE! We already have 13 people registered for our meeting
- Set up & post sign up sheets for implementers showcase and lightning talks.- DONE!
- Reach out to squads & teams about presentation preparations - initial outreach done. Follow up to come!
- Draft invitation letter & external listserv posts for implementers, stakeholders, and other special invites - Not started. @wodpachua will kick this off, with our support.
See how things are coming along and/or sign up to help with our meeting via our November Community Meeting Planning Checklist.
With OMRS24, we talked about a couple of initial and critical next steps:
- Mapping stakeholders from the host county, then identifying who should be a part of the OMRS24 Steering Committee. To be discussed at our November 8 meeting.
- Financial management: there are a lot of questions about how this will happen for OMRS24. To be discussed in late November or early December.
Want to get in on the action? Join our weekly call or #global-events Slack channel.