2021-03-18: Analytics Engine Squad weekly call (NOTE: Time Change)

Friendly reminder: 1. Our next squad call is this Thursday at 10am EDT / 7am PDT / 5pm EAT / 2pm UTC at om.rs/zoomaes

Having difficulty joining zoom? Try using zoom.us/join directly. If you create an account and log into Zoom, it lets you connect to the Analytics meeting code 94119314896 after entering 1 as the passcode.

:link: Link to meeting notes & recordings page

Looking forward to seeing you there! @akimaina @bashir @aojwang @ibacher @dkayiwa @wanyee @spkabugo1 @jayasanka @insookwa @wyclif @aojwang @ccwhite23 @willa

1 Like

One possible agenda item: Last week we talked about needing a documented hub of Analytics-related projects going on around OMRS. Here’s a first draft. I’m hoping the AES team could update the first table to be the example that others follow in filling this out: Analytics Solutions Hub - Projects - OpenMRS Wiki

Recording: Analytics Engine Squad - Indiana University

Summary: What do we do with big databases with batch mode (where it’s not feasible to download everything as FHIR resources or it will take a very long time)?

Two approaches came out to address the above problem:

1. First approach is limit by date (last week’s discussion focused on this)
  2. Second approach is to limit by patient cohort (focused on this today; idea is you’d limit queries based on patient instead of based on date, e.g. “Fetch everything for a cohort of patients”) → We think this will be a better approach to try out moving forward.

Could this calls be announced at least one week in advance? I always try to put them on my schedule but I keep missing them. Thanks @grace

Hi Willa, great that you are interested! It’s actually a weekly event that happens every week at the same time - the only reason the time shifted for some people last week was due to the EST/EDT Daylight Savings time change.

I’ve added your email to the recurring Google Calendar event as well.

And, you can also see any public OpenMRS meeting dynamically updated here at any time - Jen and I work hard to keep this calendar as up-to-date as possible every day. https://om.rs/cal

1 Like

Actually @willa I should add: We are always keen to hear from people if you have any ideas about how we can make things easier/clearer for people about what’s going on in the community. One thing we started doing several months ago is: on Friday or Monday before each new week begins, Jen posts a “What’s Happening This Week” post that summarizes all of the community meetings coming up the next week, and she pins this to the top of the Forum. Here’s a recent example: What's Happening This Week: 8-12 March 2021

Let us know if you have any other suggestions!

1 Like