Our next TAC meeting is this Friday. Agenda and notes here. These meetings are a good place to join if you’re interested in having a finger-on-the-pulse of some of the high-level technical work going on week-to-week! Our goal is not to dive into each topic in detail, but to make sure the overall direction and any needed endorsements are clear.
When: Friday at 7:30pm IST | 5pm Nairobi | 4pm Cape Town | 2pm UTC | 10am EST | 7am PST.
- (2 mins) Update: Release/Launch Calendar (@grace) https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Technical+Roadmap
- Reminder: Squads Showcase last thursday of every month (next Oct 1)
- (2 mins) Migration Path to 3.0: Next steps with vision and community discussion?
- (2 mins) Decision re. whether RefApp 2.11 will be on Core 2.3 vs 2.4?
- Design System Recommendation from MFE Squad (@bistenes @jdick)
- How will community learn about progress?
- Implementer experience with new Design System: How will we validate that it’s fast or even faster than Bootstrap for new devs to use (validate fit with field-reality of quick work that is often needed in implementations)? How will we help make this easy to learn/use for community members moving forward?
- The Frankenstein Problem: What issues related to the Design System we can expect to run into (if any?) as implementations start using bits of microfrontend apps in their distribution, before using the whole new frontend?
- Future Upgrades: Who is responsible for reviewing the 3rd party updates and deciding when it’s time to do a corresponding upgrade?
- Implementer experience with updates: What will handling updates look like for implementers?
Who Anyone in the community who is interested in and has an opinion about the technical direction of OpenMRS.
@burke @mksd @ibacher @dkayiwa @wanyee @janflowers @ssmusoke @jdick @aojwang @morrisng @mogoodrich @ggomez @bashir @ball @ccwhite23 @akanter @akimaina @herbert24 @bistenes @tendomart @gcliff @mozzy @sharif