2020-06-08: Design Forum: Website IA and Updated Content

The Website Revitalization Squad has been working on a new IA and updating core content for our website. This is the time to review and give feedback on the IA and core content before the squad moves on to the next steps: updating the current website and designing a new one.

Who: Anyone in the community with an interest in or an opinion about how we tell our story via the website. @zuzanna @loisnaki @janflowers @terry @ajeymuthiah

When: Monday, 8 June 2020 at 9:30pm IST | 7pm Nairobi | 6pm Cape Town | 4pm UTC | 12pm Boston | 9am Seattle*

Where: Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing (latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or other WebRTC-compatible browser): http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs

Audio Only (Telephone or your favorite VoIP client): • Toll-free (United States): +1 (888) 510-4073 • International: +1 (201) 479-2055 View a list of local access phone numbers for various countries . After dialing, when prompted enter meeting number 888-510-4073.

1 Like

Could we move it 1 hour earlier? or there is no possibility?

1 Like

There is a weekly Project Management meeting the hour before this forum. We can also hold a second forum during the Wednesday (17) Design Forum slot at 6pm UTC so that anyone who can’t make this Monday time has another opportunity. What do you think?

1 Like

I was going through the OpenMRS official website and noticed that its using WordPress logo as favicon. I would strongly suggest that it should be changed as it doesn’t gives a very good impression of the OpenMRS organisation.

cc @dkayiwa

1 Like

point noted,we are looking towards having a new website for openmrs and this is in process,this will have to be checked cc @jennifer

1 Like

Hey, I haven’t seen any updates from the website revitalization for a while and I was wondering if the project is going or already stopped? I would like to help or even create the website on my own. I don’t want to lose this topic for the next couple of months and at the end won’t create a new website for OpenMRS.

Let me know how can I help move on

1 Like

cc @jennifer

The last few weekly calls were not very well attended and so the conversation moved to the #website-rebuild Slack channel. Most of the focus has been on:

• drafting and finalizing a brand video to go up on the website as a part of our larger digital asset library
  • taking the content that we developed earlier this year to at least update the content on the current website (still in progress)
  • reaching out to different website designers who can help us with the design
1 Like