2020-05-28: ETL/ELT Stand Up Round 2!

The conversation about The promise of OpenMRS ETL continues and it’s time for Round 2 of our ETL/ELT Stand Ups!

Right now, we have at least four presenters (@bashir, @mseaton, @mksd/@wyclif, @aojwang) and there is still time to sign up if you want to share your ideas, solutions, etc.

Who? Anyone who has experience with or interest in an ETL/ELT solution for OpenMRS. If you would like 5 minutes to share an idea, proposal/design, demo, etc, please respond to this thread with a title and one-two sentence description. @akimaina @bashir @aojwang @mksd @mseaton @mogoodrich @jdick @nkimaina @paulamendola @burke @ibacher @dkayiwa @janflowers @ccwhite23 @ssmusoke @morrisng @ggomez @ayesh :slight_smile:

When? Thursday, 28 May at 6:30pm IST | 4pm Nairobi | 3pm Cape Town | 1pm UTC | 9am Boston | 6am Seattle

Where? Join from computer or mobile:

Meeting ID: 808 207 890

One tap mobile +12532158782,808207890# US +13462487799,808207890# US

2 Likes

Anyone willing to know something specific about Debezium or Camel? In any case @wyclif and I will try to answer those questions.

Just to give a very quick update (see also this other thread from here), @wyclif is still spiking on figuring out whether we can find an architecture that uses Debezium (rather than custom DB triggers + a sync records table in the OpenMRS database) and that will help us support two-way sync.

2 Likes

Was this meeting recorded? I had a conflict and was looking for the recording. It looks like it was set up for our Design Meeting in Zoom and I noticed that meeting was configured to record locally instead of into the cloud (I changed it to record to the cloud). So, I’m hoping that @jennifer might have the recording locally on her laptop (maybe not realizing it was recorded locally instead of in the cloud) and can get me a copy, which I can edit if needed and upload to YouTube.

I usually look at the OpenMRS calendar for community meetings. I checked and never saw this one, so i missed it. :slight_smile: