Write access to openmrs/openmrs-module-metadatamapping

@raff asked me to:

Please write to Repo Management - OpenMRS Talk and ask to be added to partial committers so that you can commit to any module.

To be more specific, I need write access at least to GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-module-metadatamapping

Seems like this is going nowhere. @raff, I wonder if you could give me a push one way or the other? :slight_smile:

I’m sorry it takes that long. I don’t have privileges myself to grant you push rights. I’ve e-mailed helpdesk on your behalf.

@raff was correct the first time.

As mentioned several times now, the help desk does not manage membership in /dev/N stage levels:

The correct place to request this access is by requesting to @dev5 and other high-stage developers here in this category at Repo Management - OpenMRS Talk.

I’m sorry. It looks like nobody is monitoring these requests. :frowning:

@raff – we are trying to migrate from “Full and Partial developers” to Developer Stages. I assume from this thread that you, as a sponsoring /dev/5, are suggesting @kosmik is functioning as a /dev/2 or /dev/3. The distinction is a /dev/2 is fixing tickets and contributing (modules, etc.) while I /dev/3 is coordinating those efforts with others and beginning to contribute beyond their own project. Is @kosmik a /dev/2 who needs temporary push access to a module? Or is @kosmik functioning as a /dev/3?

Let me know and we can set up appropriate privileges. Sorry for the delay.

-Burke :burke:

I don’t know if my opinion is required here but /dev/2 would sound more appropriate for me. Although I haven’t even reached /dev/1 yet as the quiz results still seem to be on their way.

Thanks Burke. I’d like to promote @kosmik to /dev/3. He’s coordinating efforts on the metadata mapping module and even though he may have missed 1 or 2 bullets (e.g. I’m not sure, if he has ever been able to attend a dev forum) to get to that level, he has earned it other ways.

1 Like

Hi Rafal

This request seems to be aligned with promoting Mikko to dev/3/ as per the conversation here : Write access to openmrs/openmrs-module-metadatamapping From what I gather, providing Mikko the correct privileges to be a dev/3/ is upto the dev/5/'s and it will automatically take care of this issue. We could add Mikko as a Repo Owner, but that would become redundant once he becomes a dev/3/.

Let me know how you would want to proceed Thanks

Mayank Sharma OpenMRS.org Infrastructure Team

@burke, Let’s make Mikko /dev/3.

-Rafał

1 Like

@kosmik is now a /dev/3 in GitHub. I’ve asked @michael to remind me how to find the corresponding admin screen in Discourse so I can update it here as well.

@kosmik, if you haven’t already, please make sure to familiarize yourself with our GitHub Code of Conduct and Coding Conventions pages. Please also review the expectations of a /dev/3 on our Developer Stages page.

Cheers,

-Burke :burke:

Cool, thanks!