Why we don't promote OpenMRS? We can use free adverts in Google

@marslan8530 @spkabugo1

I agree with your points, but I think this is the different topic of creating a larger marketing strategy for OpenMRS itself. Which we think is needed and we loved to be involved in that - maybe we could create another topic here on Talk for that?

Google Ads for Nonprofits, while gives you a large budget and opportunity, still is a pretty limited tool. The program is constructed in a way, that we can’t outbid the commercial initiatives for a specific keyword. There is a lot of competition in a lot of keywords and usually, most of the NGO’s don’t even use half of their budget, because of the small coverage. So, while we still would like to specify something about the audience we want to reach, in the other hand, we can’t be too specific, because this way, the Ad won’t reach anybody. That is why we want to do pretty basic and simple thing first - experiment a little, see what is working and what not and adjust this regularly. The nature of Google Ads is that you rarely can do something and done with it, but you have to constantly work on the details. But the most important thing is to just start doing them.

3 Likes

@jennifer Do we have any updates on this? If you need any help or have any questions, let me know.

1 Like

I’m also excited to hear how the advertisements went and what kind of results came in! Thank you all for taking this on. I can help think of non-competitive keywords that we can bid for.

Hey @jennifer , I heard that you have a problem with access to Google Ads account. I think that this form should help you and solve the problem: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/66163?hl=en