Unable to start OpenMRS after upgrading DHISReport module

I recently tried to upgrade the existing DHISReport module and i got disconnected from the Tomcat server. Now when i try to restart OpenMRS it gives me the following error. can you please help me with this? Thanks.

The following error occurred at startup:Unable to start OpenMRS. Error thrown was: org.openmrs.api.APIException: Service not found: interface org.openmrs.scheduler.SchedulerService
org.openmrs.module.ModuleException: Unable to start OpenMRS. Error thrown was: org.openmrs.api.APIException: Service not found: interface org.openmrs.scheduler.SchedulerService
	at org.openmrs.web.WebDaemon.startOpenmrs(WebDaemon.java:64)
	at org.openmrs.web.Listener.contextInitialized(Listener.java:180)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4973)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5467)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:632)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1073)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1857)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.openmrs.api.APIException: Service not found: interface org.openmrs.scheduler.SchedulerService
	at org.openmrs.web.Listener.startOpenmrs(Listener.java:260)
	at org.openmrs.web.WebDaemon$1.run(WebDaemon.java:42)
Caused by: org.openmrs.api.APIException: Service not found: interface org.openmrs.scheduler.SchedulerService
	at org.openmrs.api.context.ServiceContext.getService(ServiceContext.java:755)
	at org.openmrs.api.context.ServiceContext.getSchedulerService(ServiceContext.java:310)
	at org.openmrs.api.context.Context.getSchedulerService(Context.java:529)
	at org.openmrs.module.web.WebModuleUtil.stopTasks(WebModuleUtil.java:382)
	at org.openmrs.module.web.WebModuleUtil.stopModule(WebModuleUtil.java:861)
	at org.openmrs.module.web.WebModuleUtil.shutdownModules(WebModuleUtil.java:804)
	at org.openmrs.web.Listener.performWebStartOfModules(Listener.java:649)
	at org.openmrs.web.Listener.performWebStartOfModules(Listener.java:609)
	at org.openmrs.web.Listener.startOpenmrs(Listener.java:252)
	... 1 more

Hi, @maurya I was able to resolve the above issue. And i made a fix [1] to DRM-10. [1] https://github.com/hispindia/dhisreport/pull/23

1 Like

Hello @emsw,

• I would recommend starting a new talk thread for any future issues on Ask OpenMRS with more details on how to reproduce it and the version number (OpenMRS ).
  • Secondly, use Pastebin or a similar tool to paste your stack trace and provide the link.
  • I don’t think this issue is related to the module, I assume that this issue was resolved can you tell us how you solved it?

Thank you for the pull request I will review your code and let you know. I would encourage you to start working on other tickets meanwhile. Thank you for your interest once again @emsw :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe we are also having trouble in Ghana. Need to get Kishore from Novartis in this talk discussion and get his issues addressed. We really need to move forward on the Ghana DHIS2 integration as this has a deadline of the next couple of months.

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions :slight_smile: @maurya In my case the issue occured when i tried to include a maven dependency to use FlashAttributes . The problem was resolved when i removed that dependency. I will start working on other tickets as well. Thanks.

1 Like

I have been interacting with Kishore @akanter, they are trying to wrap it up as soon as possible at least for the first implementation. I am working with them to have a workflow that would help them achieve this.

But, if they do plan to continue maintaining the implementation, the work done for GSOC and other enhancements will definitely improve their workflow.