Unable to run OpenMRS sdk [Resolved]

Hello everyone!

I recently changed my Operating system to Ubuntu 20.04 and tried to setup the machine for development.

I have open-jdk 8 installed,

openjdk version "1.8.0_292"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_292-8u292-b10-0ubuntu1~20.04-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.292-b10, mixed mode)

on my machine and mysql 8.0.25

mysql  Ver 8.0.25 for Linux on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)

I have been following the wiki document, how to setup the OpenMRS Sdk. I have selected to run a Distribution having Reference application 2.12-SNAPSHOT

i have successfully installed the openmrs-sdk plugin and server on my machine but on running the command mvn openmrs-sdk:run -DserverId=server_name i get the following errors on the browser and console log .

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error

Type Exception Report

Message Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': FactoryBean which is currently in creation returned null from getObject

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Exception

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': FactoryBean which is currently in creation returned null from getObject
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:183)
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.getObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:135)
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObjectForBeanInstance(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1828)
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.getObjectForBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1265)
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:207)
	org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1115)
	org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.lookupSessionFactory(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:195)
	org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.lookupSessionFactory(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:180)
	org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:131)
	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:119)
	org.openmrs.web.filter.StartupFilter.doFilter(StartupFilter.java:108)
	org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:201)
	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:119)

Note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.100

I have read a thread where @kdaud talked something about mysql encrypting folder so a connection cannot be made :roll_eyes:

Where might i have gone wrong. @sharif @mozzy @reagan @kdaud @herbert24 @dkayiwa @ibacher and anyone who uses Ubuntu.

Thanks