Unable to find a runtime properties file

Hello friends, I am having trouble running my first project that I created as directed from the openmrs docs. I have the runtime properties files pesent with the right configurations but somehow when i run the sdk it gives me back the message of unable to find a runtime properties file. My problem is similar to this Database connection problems with SDK however the discussion was suddenly cut short and i cant find a solution there in.my errors are posted here https://pastebin.com/wbBnCRsg Any help rendered would be so great…

Can you confirm that MySQL is running with a database named server3?

take a look at your run time properties file.

#Auto generated by OpenMRS initialization wizard
#Tue Mar 05 15:01:15 EAT 2019
encryption.vector=4EjE8q/78ntmOJzwEdyGpA\=\=
connection.url=jdbc\:mysql\://localhost\:3306/**db-name**?autoReconnect\=true&sessionVariables\=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB&useUnicode\=true&characterEncoding\=UTF-8
module.allow_web_admin=true
connection.username=**user**
auto_update_database=false
encryption.key=KijkSt2Apx1nDJHpJ3nw/A\=\=
connection.driver_class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
connection.password= **password**
  • Ensure your MySQL is installed and running.
  • By default the SDK created a DB as your server name, in your case its server3
  • Ensure in your run time properties file you have the right user (root by default) and coresponding password coresponding to what you set in MySQL
1 Like

How do i confirm this?

check your mySQL database either via UI or commandline depending on how you installed it.

i dont have such a db in my system…

with in the server setting I have the runtime properties file as shown below.

#Auto generated by OpenMRS initialization wizard
#Thu May 02 04:53:58 EAT 2019
encryption.vector=AP4t3ZHMn4B7STIdfSI6BQ\=\=
connection.url=jdbc\:mysql\://localhost\:3306/server3?autoReconnect\=true&sessionVariables\=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB&useUnicode\=true&characterEncoding\=UTF-8
module.allow_web_admin=true
connection.username=root
auto_update_database=false
encryption.key=hM+g/Tabab9wY2/q3llmgQ\=\=
connection.driver_class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
connection.password=hassh
``

whic db name is set in your runtime properites file? inside your sdk server3 folder??

According to my runtime properties I think its server3…I seem to get it(I dont have the db in the system)…Should I manually create it then?

how were you able to generate that file? That file is Auto generated by the sdk.

This line mean the SDK created a database with name server3.

you seem to have made a change in your MySQL or probably you just copiedand psted that file.

ok try changing connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/server3

to connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openmrs

and see if it works. because thats the only openmrs database i see in your MySQL. and put in the right credentails ie user and password as what you set in your MySQL

I used the sdk to create the database…during this time…Failed to connect to specified database while setting up sever

ok . but then your MySQL cant reflect it? . probably you have different Mysql databases installed, if thats possible anyway.

1 Like

Let me try to set a new server all over again…This mix up might be because am using different directories for the servers and also my project…When i copy the runtime properties file into the project folder…it is able to connect however now the issue is the database…ill keep you posted on the success if i record any…otherwise thanks…

3 Likes

i have been succeful with a new set up of the server…Thanks everyone. the db has been set up

1 Like

Hello, My db is running. Openmrs also running. But I couldn’t find runtime properties. Also, where I put modules( . omod ) files? I searched appdata folder. But nothing found.

Can you share the contents of your server side logs via pastebin.com?

Could you please give me the steps you took to solve this problem. I have the same issue but I have the correct DB in the runtime properties file. error5 error4 error3