Steps for getting started implementing OpenMRS?

Hello @arbaughj I wish to find out how the location pharmacy works. How are drugs managed and how are the records kept and all the like. Am a little bit confused. Thanks for your help.

What I mean is how is the pharmacy handled in essence. If there is a pharmacist in his office how is the system used by the pharmacist to do his day to day work

Dear @eugene23, I’m afraid there isn’t any integrated support for Pharmacy. There isn’t even an integrated way to do order entry currently. You would be left up to creating your own forms (module or HTML forms) for pharmacy at this time. Someone like @darius or @burke can correct me if I’m mistaken.

Thank you for your reply @arbaughj. Am really hoping that I will go ahead and do that and communicate the results in the forum. See you then but am still waiting to hear from @darius or @burke.

Hi @eugene23, sorry for the slow reply, but I was on holiday.

As @arbaughj says, the Reference Application does not (yet) support entering Drug Orders. If you have access to AngularJS developers, you might be able to finish the mostly-complete drug order entry functionality that’s at https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-orderentryui . Also, the reference application does not support managing pharmacy stock, so you’d need a different tool to do this.

If you want a more out-of-the-box product that already covers most of the necessary workflows for a facility (including both prescriptions and pharmacy stock) you should consider using the Bahmni Distribution rather than the Reference Application.

@darius and all,

After finally putting all sort of other things behind us, we have now as #1 priority to get orderentryui running to then assess it. Assuming we can get the existing work up & running (I already started looking into it a while ago), we will show it to our client to see with them how much they think it could fit their needs. Just to say that we are only one step away to officially kick start the development of this module.

We will certainly come back with more questions about it within a week.

Hi, @arbaughj i am very happy for the support which you and the others have been providing for me and my group. though we were on holidays and now working i dont mind if you guys could still guide us till we finish our first implementation phase

i have a very small worry, which is i dont understand what address templates refers i was reading about it here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Administering+Address+Templates. please can someone help me out and explain per say even with screenshots so that i can follow better.
Thanks.

Hi @eugene23 - You may want to consider starting this as a new topic on the talk site here so others not on this thread notice it and weigh in. It also helps others find the topic if they have a similar problem. Glad you are finding the community helpful!

1 Like