Replacing Modulus: Design Thoughts

I’d suggest a new project in JIRA: ADDON. People are obviously free to make any choice for their own repositories, but I run a script regularly against the OpenMRS organization in GitHub that ensures repos are assigned to all Dev Stage teams (/dev/1-5) and turns off wiki & issues for all repositories. I’m fine with us switching to GitHub for issues, but I think we need to choose one approach for our community-supported projects (both for the sake of devs and for metrics/tooling).

If we want to discuss this particular point further, I’d suggest we create a new linked topic in the repo management category and to avoid off-topic discussion here.

Looking at add-ons-to-index.json

• I see “names” for maintainers. Is there support for “id” (or “openmrsId”) for a person’s OpenMRS ID? This could simply link to the user’s profile (e.g., http://darius.is.om.rs) for now, but would helpful information (maybe more helpful than name).
  • There’s a “RefApp 2.5” link in the UI, but I didn’t see any tags in the index. I’m not sure how you are divining the group of addons included in RefApp 2.5, but thought it would be by defining a name (“RefApp 2.5”) for the link and then a list of 1-to-n tags to search on to get that collection of addons.

Looking at addons-stg.openmrs.org

• First of all, looking great!
  • Tagging would be a helpful & flexible way to support near term search needs including some of the other features being discussed (e.g., include a “highlight” tag on entries that should be highlighted)
  • The inclusion of " Module" at the end of modules seems inconsistent (e.g., “Metadata Sharing” and “Reference Metadata Module”). I’m assuming this is just how names have been entered in the index. My vote would be to omit “Module” from the name by convention, since we can always add it programmatically if we want it.
  • Assuming we’re using Bootstrap, it’d be nice to eventually have better support for mobile views (low priority)
  • Eventually, it’d be great to have an “Advanced Search” link that would expand the search form into something that let you search by maintainers, type, activity level, date last modified, RefApp release(s), etc., ideally converting these into a syntax that advanced users could learn and would be supported via URL (e.g., “concept status:active refapp:2.4+ maintainer:darius”).
1 Like