REMINDER! 2020-05-20: ETL/ELT Stand Up

At Maputo, more than a few people said that they anticipated working on ETL/ELT in 2020.

In January, @aojwang shared his thoughts on designing a data/metadata driven out of the box ETL solution for OpenMRS that sparked discussion and some initial work.

In the last few weeks, @akimaina offered to do an ELT/ETL Pipeline demo while @burke shared his take on the promise of OpenMRS ETL.

We’d like to start diving into ETL/ELT through an ETL/ELT Stand Up. This is an opportunity for anyone in the community to share an idea or proposal for ETL/ELT solutions, any work that you’ve done in the past or present, do a demo, or simply share your observations, opinions, and especially implementation needs.

Who? Anyone who has experience with or interest in an ETL/ELT solution for OpenMRS. If you would like 5 minutes to share an idea, proposal/design, demo, etc, please respond to this thread with a title and one-two sentence description. @akimaina @bashir @aojwang @mksd @mseaton @mogoodrich @jdick @nkimaina @paulamendola @burke @ibacher @dkayiwa @ssmusoke @morrisng @ggomez :slight_smile:

When? Wednesday, 20 May at 6:30pm IST | 4pm Nairobi | 3pm Cape Town | 1pm UTC | 9am Boston | 6am Seattle

Where? Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing (latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or other WebRTC-compatible browser): http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs

Audio Only (Telephone or your favorite VoIP client): • Toll-free (United States): +1 (888) 510-4073 • International: +1 (201) 479-2055 View a list of local access phone numbers for various countries . After dialing, when prompted enter meeting number 888-510-4073.

1 Like

@jennifer - I’m not entirely sure what I can pull together as a demo/presentation for next Wednesday, but I’m looking forward to attending and can try to talk through some of the approaches we’ve taken at PIH.

@mseaton, no need for a demo or presentation - all that matters is that everyone is able to share what you’ve worked on, your ideas, your opinions, etc. I think it’s going to be a great way to kick off some more in-depth discussion.

Thanks @jennifer for organizing this. I will certainly attend and can also talk about a few ideas (hopefully I will put a short presentation together). That said, I think it is also essential that we hear from more people who have some prototypes/implementations already in use, especially folks who have analytics pipelines in production.

A reminder about our ETL/ELT Stand Up - don’t miss it!

When? Wednesday, 20 May at 6:30pm IST | 4pm Nairobi | 3pm Cape Town | 1pm UTC | 9am Boston | 6am Seattle

Where? Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing (latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or other WebRTC-compatible browser): http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs

Audio Only (Telephone or your favorite VoIP client): • Toll-free (United States): +1 (888) 510-4073 • International: +1 (201) 479-2055 View a list of local access phone numbers for various countries.

After dialing, when prompted enter meeting number 888-510-4073. [/quote]

Recording of today’s call is available here.

@jennifer, perhaps we could use the same time next week (Wednesday, 27 May at 1-2pm UTC)? I’d suggest we be a bit more formal time-wise (more like we do for lightning talks). For example:

• 40 minutes for presentations & 20 minutes for general discussion
  • Pre-determine the number of people with something to present or discuss
  • Have speakers pre-listed in our notes
  • Divide up the time between speakers anticipating up to 30 seconds of transition time between each (if we have >7 people wanting to speak, perhaps we need a 3rd call)
  • Bashir was cut short today, so I’d expect he will want to be one of the speakers.
2 Likes