Registration, clinical workflows & guidelines and reporting standards in Haiti

FYI @ball and @mogoodrich I sent a calendar invite to both of you for Tue Jan 16th @ 10am EST.

Great meetingā€¦ a few follow up items.

1. You can see how we define localizations for Metadata here:

https://github.com/PIH/openmrs-module-mirebalais/blob/master/api/src/main/resources/messages.properties#L246

I did confirm that most, if not all, of our translations are in our ā€œMirebalaisā€ module. For metadata declarations that have been moved to the Haiti Core module, we should move the declarations there. Iā€™ve created a ticket reminding us to do this.

For reference, hereā€™s the code in UI Framework that handles localizations:

1. Hereā€™s where we store our concept metadatasharing packages:

Hopefully they will be updated in the next couple days to be 2.x compatible! I am working on that now.

1. If you havenā€™t been watching this thread, itā€™s probably one youā€™d like to follow:

Looking forward to talking moreā€¦ it would be useful to get @ddesimone involved in any discussions of our clinical workflow.

Take care, Mark

1 Like

Thanks both @ball and @mogoodrich for attending our call and providing such valuable input about your work in Haiti.

Cool, I understand now your approach to localizing metadata names, thatā€™s quite nifty! If we decide to go for reusing PIH Core directly in our Bahmni distro then we would have to expand the implementation of Ext I18N to support your logic. We just gave it a 20 min brainstorm and I think that it would work just fine. But just to be sure, in fact all metadata are saved in some default locale, correct? Presumably ā€˜frā€™ as I can see here for encounter types (and from what Ellen said over the meeting)?

It is well possible that we donā€™t reuse PIH Core directly in our distro since we have now established this process of setting OpenMRS backend configs via our Initializer module. This enables us to not have any implementation-specific modules anymore, and I believe that we will want to stick to that paradigm by extending the Initializer further. But letā€™s seeā€¦

We will now have a conversation with the key stakeholders at our implementation site in Haiti to outline and prioritise the clinical workflows that they are most interested in. And we will come back to you after that for a follow up call to dig further into PIH/ZL, if thatā€™s ok with you?

Thanks a bunch. So helpful and insightful!

Good conversation and nice to see all your expertise contributing to new projects in Haiti. Let us know about the followup meeting covering clinical workflows.

Ellen