Reference Application - Vagrant Setup Error

I’ve been testing possible methods of setting up a dev environment for the Reference Application with local builds and so far I’ve come up with the following;

1. OpenMRS SDK Setup server with platform version Build RA from GitHub sources Manually copy modules from the built distro to server modules folder in openmrs at User Account root.
  2. With Tomcat Build RA from GitHub sources Copy built openmrs platform from distro to Tomcat Webapps folder Copy modules from the built distro to server modules folder in .OpenMRS (note the difference in folders) at User Account root.

Deploying with Tomcat throws up a UI Framework error as shown here.

I suspect the following methods are also possible, but haven’t been able to test them with my limited knowledge as a newcomer.

1. Build server and run it offline with locally built Ref App through SDK.

I would like to know how to achieve this last method and whether I am missing any other mechanisms.

Especially, I could not find instructions on how to run a local build of Ref App on top of a server from SDK in one command. If I understood correctly, the method mentioned here by @darius sets up a Ref App instance with data fetched from remote repositories.